Funniest Plays of 05

SoxFan1

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
When Jas photo*chopped* a Rally Crede and within a couple hours, 50 people had a Rally Crede avatar, then the real Crede hits a walkoff that night . . . Scary and funny.

Right after real Crede hit it, someone, I think it was Balta, posted

"It Works!"

Almost fell out of my chair.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
When Timo was going to show the number of outs in the inning on his hand but instead gave Uribe the middle finger.

Also, when Buehrle nailed B.J. Surhoff with a pitch as payback and got ejected before completing 6 innings and Hawk went crazy on Brian Gormin.

Hawk going apes*** on the broadcast was hilarious. They played some of that soundbite for like a week afterwards and it cracked me up every time.

A.J. running across Boone's back was hilarious. One of those moments where you just laugh, shake your head, and say, "f***in' A.J."

That, and...

The inning against Randy Johnson. I laughed so hard watching his ugly ass struggle and squirm on that mound, while the Sox players were giddy as hell.

In one of the game against the Royals towards the end of the year there was a fly towards left center with two outs. Both the left and center fielder were there and then peeled away leaving the ball to drop in for a hit and allow a run to score.

That was the hardest i laughed all year. It was such a typical play of a bad team (the royals) and a break that good teams like us capitalize on.

I tried to explain it to my girl friend over the phone and she did think it was too funny. So maybe i am just crazy

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 08:07 AM)
How about Cliffy Politte shooting a single through the hole during that mad blowout game?

LOL!

My abs hurt I was laughing so hard after that one.

YES! Didn't he also score later in that inning and showed real speed and heads up base running? LMAO.

The Geoff Blum HR about a week ago still kills me. I was too busy laughing at that to actually celebrate.

Well, it wasn't funny when it happened, but I got a good laugh after Scotty Pods lost the ball in the sun in the ninth inning in a game against Cleveland on June 4.

We ended up winning, so I was able to laugh at the replays of the ball falling at least 20 feet away from Scott as he was waiting for the ball to come down. Of course, I nearly had a stroke while I was watching it happen, but winning always helps.

Although, this wasn't nearly as funny as when Grady Sizemore lost the ball in the sun in K.C.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
Well, it wasn't funny when it happened, but I got a good laugh after Scotty Pods lost the ball in the sun in the ninth inning in a game against Cleveland on June 4.

We ended up winning, so I was able to laugh at the replays of the ball falling at least 20 feet away from Scott as he was waiting for the ball to come down.  Of course, I nearly had a stroke while I was watching it happen, but winning always helps.

Although, this wasn't nearly as funny as when Grady Sizemore lost the ball in the sun in K.C.

didn't arow come all the way from center and end up making that play?

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
didn't arow come all the way from center and end up making that play?

That's a different game. This was with 2 outs in the 9th, and then Crisp hit a chop double over PK's head. Hermanson retired Hafner to end the game. I've never seen someone end up missing a ball by as much as Pods did on that play.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
That's a different game.  This was with 2 outs in the 9th, and then Crisp hit a chop double over PK's head.  Hermanson retired Hafner to end the game.  I've never seen someone end up missing a ball by as much as Pods did on that play.

Yup, thats the game.

June 4: White Sox 6, Indians 5

That Rowand play was pretty friggin cool though.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
I was looking up some older players and then I came upon one Mark Grace. Low and behold, the highlight of the year was when he came in to pitch for Arizona one time. The game which he mocked setup man Mike Fetters. Well, I was thinking, what were the funniest plays of the 2005 Sox season that we can go back and dwell on. I know there was a certain play involving Juan Uribe that was quite hilarious and that had Hawk/Dj laughing the whole game but I cant remember exactly what happened. What ya got?

Grace was retired this year.

That was a '03/'04 highlight.

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
Grace was retired this year.

That was a '03/'04 highlight.

yeah he didnt say it was this year - reread it. s'all good tho.

also you just gotta love the tarpsliding - even, again, if it's not a play

Cliffs AB in Colorado and his crazy baserunning skills. That was just amazing. When the ball hit the ump and knocked him off his feet, he took second. And then someone hit a not so deep fly ball, he tagged up and barely made it into third with a sweet popup slide.

I also remember early in the season..Aaron checking his swing and falling flat on his face. I thought that was hilarious.

And all of Aaron's slides always cracked me up. :D

And that once Paulie couldn't get the ball out of his glove--so he just threw it at Jose. That would have been the best play ever if they got that out. :P

QUOTE(GarlandFan20 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
Cliffs AB in Colorado and his crazy baserunning skills. That was just amazing. When the ball hit the ump and knocked him off his feet, he took second. And then someone hit a not so deep fly ball, he tagged up and barely made it into third with a sweet popup slide.

If I remember right, El Duque started that game, and he nearly killed himself running to first, going into second, and going into third. I remember Hawk and DJ making fun of his baserunning "skills"