• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/pr...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

White Sox agree to terms on one-year deal with Chris Widger

CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have agreed to terms on a one-year, $650,000 contract with free agent catcher Chris Widger.

Widger, 34, batted .241 (34-141) with four home runs and 11 RBI in 2005, his first season with the White Sox. Sox pitchers compiled a 3.30 ERA (126 ER/344.0 IP) when he was behind the plate last season.

Widger originally was signed by the White Sox as a free agent on December 23, 2004. He is a career .242 (419-1,733) hitter with 54 home runs and 213 RBI over nine major-league seasons with Seattle (1995-96, 2000), Montreal (1997-2000), the Yankees (2002), St. Louis (2003) and the White Sox.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Time to update my salary tracker.

We're at $55.425M (including buyouts) currently.

Is this salary tracker somewhere on this site, or elsewhere that we can view it? I've seen the end-of-year list, but a version that has been updated would be great. Future editions too.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
If we're unable to resign PK now because we gave Widger more than minimum wage, KW should be fired!  You can't tell me Leo Daigle couldn't be a catcher!

You really shouldn't do this to yourself, by making these sort of posts you leave yourself open to a s*** load of flaming. If there's no green some people can't pick up on the sarcasm.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
You really shouldn't do this to yourself, by making these sort of posts you leave yourself open to a s*** load of flaming. If there's no green some people can't pick up on the sarcasm.

It's part of the fun, to see that some posters can be that oblivous to sarcasm. I'm sure you remember me a few months ago saying that I wish Shingo was on the team instead of Jenks because it was so much more exciting to see Shingo pitch. Some people thought I was being 100 pct sincere.

BTW, nice to see a member of Group 4 coming back!