Widger's backkkkk

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
You really shouldn't do this to yourself, by making these sort of posts you leave yourself open to a s*** load of flaming. If there's no green some people can't pick up on the sarcasm.

I usually don't do green. If people can't pick up sarcasm, thats their problem. Plus I wear flame-retardant gear when I'm at the computer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
It's part of the fun, to see that some posters can be that oblivous to sarcasm.  I'm sure you remember me a few months ago saying that I wish Shingo was on the team instead of Jenks because it was so much more exciting to see Shingo pitch.  Some people thought I was being 100 pct sincere.

BTW, nice to see a member of Group 4 coming back!

When I read that post, the Shingo comment is what immediately came to mind.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
I usually don't do green. If people can't pick up sarcasm, thats their problem. Plus I wear flame-retardant gear when I'm at the computer

I havn't used green either but Fathom has a history of taking a beating for posts like that.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Yea, hooray.

SNB.. is it true Journey is playing a concert down there..???  :o

:lol: yeah, i heard it on the radio at work, December 3rd I think.

Needless to say, campus is abuzz with excitment :P

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
:lol: yeah, i heard it on the radio at work, December 3rd I think.

Needless to say, campus is abuzz with excitment :P

I think it's the 4th. Jim made a joke that we'll have to miss it cause Rob Thomas will be gettin my love that night.. :wub:

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Yea, hooray.

SNB.. is it true Journey is playing a concert down there..???  :o

Pseudo-Journey with frontman, Kenny G!!! :lol: :nono

As for the Widge:

Nobody beats him.

EDIT: ...and yes, I'm going to the Journey show. :ph34r:

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
There goes my plan to sign Piazza as our backup catcher and everyday DH. :-)

I like Widger a lot, but I thought Piazza would make a lot of sense, especially with Everett gone and (possibly, but hopefully not) Frank too.

The Widge >>> Piazza

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
There goes my plan to sign Piazza as our backup catcher and everyday DH. :-)

I like Widger a lot, but I thought Piazza would make a lot of sense, especially with Everett gone and (possibly, but hopefully not) Frank too.

Piazza is horrible at this point.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
The Widge >>> Piazza

Defensively... no question. But Piazza still has a couple of years left in that Hall of Fame bat.

I forgot to mention Konerko too. If we lose Carl, Frank and Paul, that's a lot of power. Piazza could come relatively cheap too. He's 36 years old (or thereabouts). But it's a moot point now.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Defensively... no question. But Piazza still has a couple of years left in that Hall of Fame bat.

I forgot to mention Konerko too. If we lose Carl, Frank and Paul, that's a lot of power. Piazza could come relatively cheap too. He's 36 years old (or thereabouts). But it's a moot point now.

Piazza can hardly hit, he can't run, he can't play any defense behind the plate, he can't throw, he wouldn't want to be a backup and he would still make a few million next year.

He's just about done.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Piazza can hardly hit, he can't run, he can't play any defense behind the plate, he can't throw, he wouldn't want to be a backup and he would still make a few million next year.

He's just about done.

Where's cheat with that toast picture?? Cause Piazza is done.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)

He's just about done.

I said backup catcher and everyday DH. I also said relatively cheap, and if we lose Frank and Paul we'll have to find some source of right-handed power. I guarantee Piazza will be someone's everyday DH in '06.

But, again, it's now a moot point. Sorry I brought it up. :)

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
I said backup catcher and everyday DH. I also said relatively cheap, and if we lose Frank and Paul we'll have to find some source of right-handed power. I guarantee Piazza will be someone's everyday DH in '06.

But, again, it's now a moot point. Sorry I brought it up. :)

We already have a good amount of right handed power at this point. What we need for next year would be a power hitter who can hit RH pitching.