Steve Phillips predictions

RockRaines

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Looking into my crystal ball I see Furcal signing with the A's.  Once the reality of his value sets in with him & his agent I think the A's will look like a nice fit for him.

Bobby Crosby says hi.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
i have a question.  isn't there some sort of copyright infringement by posting an entire clipping of a payed letter?  i mean i highly doubt espn would do anything to soxtalk, but i'm just curious.

Teacher, you forgot to assign homework for tonight.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Looking into my crystal ball I see Furcal signing with the A's.  Once the reality of his value sets in with him & his agent I think the A's will look like a nice fit for him.

His value is $8-10 mill a year.

Jimmy Rollins, whether you considering him better or worse than Rafael Furcal, is very similar all around. Rollins got 5-$40 from Philly. Therefore, Furcal's value is in that range.

I'd venture to guess there's a better chance Furcal ends up in New York starting in CF for the Yankees than there is of Furcal starting at SS for Oakland.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
i have a question.  isn't there some sort of copyright infringement by posting an entire clipping of a payed letter?  i mean i highly doubt espn would do anything to soxtalk, but i'm just curious.

Congratulations, your post is officially award the wet blanket trophy.

The concensus by most analysts on the Rollins deal (which incl an $8.5M option in 2011) is that it was a dumb decision by Philly. He was not eligible for FA until after 2006 & the contract well exceeds his arbitration value.

I don't think most GM's are going to look at that deal as a pre-cursor to Furcal. $8-10M for a SS is reserved for guys who produce on avg an RPG of 6 or better. Furcal has never come close to that.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
Is there anyone on this page who wouldn't pick Timo over Sosa?

I would take Timo over sosa any day of the week. He is a better hitter at this point in his career, and actually plays defense, and is a good clubhouse presence.