Good & bad Dolgin news..

Steff

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Bryan will be doing pre & post for Notre Dame mens basketball I hear which is good for him.

I also hear that the Score will not be bringing him along to do the Sox pre & post.. which, IMO, is bad for Sox fans.

I liked him....that's too bad. And I'm sorry he had to take a ND job. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Interesting.  I am going to reserve judgement until I hear who takes over.  There is no denying that Brian got much better as the season went on, but he still was no Dave Wills.  But good luck to Brian no matter where he lands.

Yeah, it took a while for him to find his stride, but I grew to really like his postgame show toward the end of the season.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
Yeah, it took a while for him to find his stride, but I grew to really like his postgame show toward the end of the season.

It was really nice to hear all the support when Bruce tried to start s*** with him on the radio.. I sent him the links to a few boards and he appreciated the comments. I wish he was going with.. their loss.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
It was really nice to hear all the support when Bruce tried to start s*** with him on the radio.. I sent him the links to a few boards and he appreciated the comments. I wish he was going with.. their loss.

Definately. I heard the clips on MJ&H and Bruce Levine sounded like a bad college radio rant. He needed to be suspended/fired on the spot. That was horrible. It turned a professional high profile radio show into a complete joke. It totally blew any credibility that he ever had in my eyes.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Definately.  I heard the clips on MJ&H and Bruce Levine sounded like a bad college radio rant.  He needed to be suspended/fired on the spot.  That was horrible.  It turned a professional high profile radio show into a complete joke.  It totally blew any credibility that he ever had in my eyes.

The weird thing was I never heard it.. all of a sudden I got a bunch of emails and text messages.. Then I got the cliffs notes version.. "it was no big deal.. bla, bla. bla.. " and I figured there was more to it. MJH made it seem like there was more also.. but finally I heard the details and it was more pathetic on Bruce's part then I had thought. He's an idiot.. I pass along the bad taste we have for him every time I get the chance.. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
The weird thing was I never heard it.. all of a sudden I got a bunch of emails and text messages.. Then I got the cliffs notes version.. "it was no big deal.. bla, bla. bla.. " and I figured there was more to it. MJH made it seem like there was more also.. but finally I heard the details and it was more pathetic on Bruce's part then I had thought. He's an idiot.. I pass along the bad taste we have for him every time I get the chance..  :lol:

As someone who spent 3 years broadcasting sports in college, and spent two years as a program director for the same radio station, we would have kicked him off of the air. That ought to tell you something right there. It was amatuerish, and if he was truely confused, it should have been a 30 second conversation on the air, and then the rest of it should have been talked about between them during a commericial. It was embarassing at best.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)

100% AGREE!.... Bruce was a complete jerk to BD.

There is a little hypocrisy going on here right now. Many times when people post a news item, with no link, many people will complain that there is no link. But now somebody asks Steff for a link, and people jump down the throat. Steff has been wrong before, and I see nothing wrong with somebody asking if she has a link or source for all of us to look at. :huh

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Interesting.  I am going to reserve judgement until I hear who takes over.  There is no denying that Brian got much better as the season went on, but he still was no Dave Wills.  But good luck to Brian no matter where he lands.

The bolded section is one of the best things about Dolgin IMO.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
I'm still worried about Farmer being the play by play guy.

No offense to Ed.. but I'm likely not going to listen at all. John made the broadcast for me. It wont be the same without him.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
No offense to Ed.. but I'm likely not going to listen at all. John made the broadcast for me. It wont be the same without him.

Exactly, I don't understand why they aren't looking for a play-by-play guy and leave Farmer on 'color'...so I'm worried less about the pre-game dude, despite liking Brian.

I've got a Tivo and a digital RCN box which both delay the games a second or 2 on television, so listening to the radio broadcast while watching on TV is out of the question. Besides, I like to hear a few "he gones" during the game. And with all due respect to John Rooney,(whoever they hire will be a downgrade) if I am only able to listen to the game on the radio, I will listen no matter who the PBP man is, and no matter who is doing the color.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
I've got a Tivo and a digital RCN box which both delay the games a second or 2 on television, so listening to the radio broadcast while watching on TV is out of the question. Besides, I like to hear a few "he gones" during the game.  And with all due respect to John Rooney,(whoever they hire will be a downgrade) if I am only able to listen to the game on the radio, I will listen no matter who the PBP man is, and no matter who is doing the color.

Ooh, that lag is bad...especially in HD. I heard the World Series Winner about 3 seconds before I saw it.

Ya got a little something on your nose...

No, Steff has proved to be a very reliable source. If you show the same post patterns as she does I would come to your defense too.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
How so? Envy? Hardly. Horny? Nope.

I just don't think it makes much sense that somebody is being ragged on for asking for a source. The only sources that are around that I would believe 100% of the words straight of their mouths would be KW and JR. Until those guys confirm or deny rumours, there is nothing wrong with asking for sources of news you heard. If it was from a source, verbally, then just say so. If it was from something you read, then just say so. But for people to jump on somebody asking for a link or source is just ridiculous.

Sorry, but thats just the way it is on forums/message boards. If you are new people won't listen unless you have proof. But if you have been around a while and have been consistent without links , people will listen. Message Boards are a lot to do with reputation. Thats how the world works. If you are reputable, people will listen. Their are only about 15-20 people on soxtalk I would listen to if they had no link. Steff is definately there.

I dont even have to mention to stuff that bmac poster posts. Attacks, vulgarities, ect.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)

I whole-heartedly agree. There is no way it will be the same without Rooney. He was great. Is there any word on who they will get to replace him? I have heard former White Sox Lyle Mouton rumored, but that is about it.

Plus I had no idea Farmer was going to do play by play. I really don't think he is cut out for that. I think he is better suited as the color guy.

This news really sucks about Doggins too. If North gets the job I will never listen to the pre and post game show. I can't stand that man.

Edited by southsideirish