Good & bad Dolgin news..

Steff

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
I've got a Tivo and a digital RCN box which both delay the games a second or 2 on television, so listening to the radio broadcast while watching on TV is out of the question. Besides, I like to hear a few "he gones" during the game.  And with all due respect to John Rooney,(whoever they hire will be a downgrade) if I am only able to listen to the game on the radio, I will listen no matter who the PBP man is, and no matter who is doing the color.

I have my Media Center PC hooked up to my entertainment system and TV and then I also have a Radio Shark. Radio Shark enables me to TiVO the radio broadcast so I can delay it. If you wanted to listen to the radio broadcast while watching it on TV, this is the way to delay the radio broadcast.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been cleaned. Please go back to your regularly scheduled on the subject posting :)

Oh and a timeout has been issued. I don't want to see threads constantly ruined. If you want to see a link, make one post, no need to make 18 posts about the subject and go on and on.

I wish Dolgin nothing but the best. I only heard him a few times (since I'm an out of towner) but I enjoyed how he did prospect stuff and he was definately a nice guy. Best of lucky Bryan (Or Brian depending on the spelling) :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
I wish Dolgin nothing but the best.  I only heard him a few times (since I'm an out of towner) but I enjoyed how he did prospect stuff and he was definately a nice guy.  Best of lucky Bryan (Or Brian depending on the spelling)  :cheers

Uhhh.. you don't recall meeting him at Jimbo's...?? :ph34r:

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
I grew to like him.  I didn't at first but in the end i thought he did a good job.  He is way more hip than Dave Wills.  So I guess this means that Mike North will be doing the Pre & Post for the Sox.  UGH.  I wonder what Bryan will do if Notre Dame plays Miami because that is where he went to college.

He'll do his job and root for the Irish, but deep inside he's wanting the Canes to spank them hoosier boys. Yes , Mike North sucks.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
If everyone thinks North sucks then how the hell is he on the radio? Who listens to this guy. That is all I want to know. WHO LISTENS TO HIM?

That's EXACTLY why people listen. Ratings people have known this forever, it's the idiot general public that doesn't realize that by listening or tuning in or buying a paper, they actually keep these tabloid phukers around.

The thing about Rooney was if I can be outside and listen on the radio it was a treat. Now I may not listen if they are playing bad or if the game is not going good. I would listen to Rooney because he is good. I'll compare it to if they get someone of Santo's quality, unless it is a big game I may not tune in because the broadcast is bad. The same thing with the pre and post if they are good which they were last year I will listen if you have some idiot doing the games, I will not tune in. Rooney made the game interesting and different to listen to, the SCORE continues to screw up which they always will. That station is a trainwreck with the amount of commercials and completly horrendous personalities. Doung Buffone should talk about nothing but football. Mike Murphy is the same way speak of teh cub or nothing. They try to go as cheap as possible yet Mike North keeps going on. Boers and Bernstein are way to full of themselves.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
No offense to Ed.. but I'm likely not going to listen at all. John made the broadcast for me. It wont be the same without him.

I agree. Ed was good for the color commentary, not so sure how he'll be with the play by play. I watched the majority of the games with tivo on a delay for the sole reason of being able to listen to Rooney. I also listened to Dolgin's pre and postgame show, this is definitely 2 major blows to the Sox broadcasting in past week.

It will be interesting to see what happens next season, looks like I may be listening to the tv announcers more.

Edited by matche22

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Bryan will be doing pre & post for Notre Dame mens basketball I hear which is good for him.

I also hear that the Score will not be bringing him along to do the Sox pre & post.. which, IMO, is bad for Sox fans.

No big loss, he wasn't THAT good anyway.

Thats terrible news Dolgin definatly rocked. Im a younger guy and I loved Wills, but this year Dolgin became my new guy. He was a very very good replacement. I yearned to hear the sound of Dolgins voice on the radio knowing sox baseball was right around the corner, just like with Willsy. I am definatly dissapointed. The score is ruining our awsome radio reputation, if i wanted to listen to an in house 670 guy before I would be a 670 listner. I didn't get the impression they were classy enough, like ESPN 1000 and the sox organization. To me about 90% of the score's on air guys sound like the superfans, the sterotypical dump chicagoan with an accent who doesn't really know what they are talking about.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
It was really nice to hear all the support when Bruce tried to start s*** with him on the radio.. I sent him the links to a few boards and he appreciated the comments. I wish he was going with.. their loss.

I would like to hear that do you have a link?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
I really, really liked Dolgin.  He had big shoes to fill and did damn good imo.

I liked him, not as much as I liked Wills, but he did OK. I like Farmio doing color, but doing play by play he sucks. White Sox radio broadcasts are not going to be good. Ugh. And I don't think it'll happen but if Mike North is in any way connected, count me out as a listener. I flat out won't listen to that jerk.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
No big loss, he wasn't THAT good anyway.

off the subject, The picture in your sig doesnt look like Joe Crede at all to me.

On the subject, he may not have been THAT good, but it is just another guy that the Sox are going to have to replace on the radio broadcast next year. Continuity is very important in radio sports broadcasts if you ask me. People need to work with each other a while to get to know their ins and outs. Like Farmer and Rooney finishing sentences and doing the same ad together.

I heard Bruce Levines rant, and the worst thing about it was that Dolgin kept saying "Bruce, do you want to talk about this off-air?" and Bruce just kept going on and on. I cheered in my car when Dolgin said "See ya" when Bruce hung up his phone.