Take it for what it's worth

witesoxfan

While Kansas City is expected to test Carlos Beltran's market, they, the White Sox, Expos, Rockies and Diamondbacks are in the races

Does this mean we are in the Beltran race? I hope so.....I would give quite a bit to get Beltran. He's a better version of Jose Cruz, IMO.

What are they looking for? A Third Basemen and some pitching? Anybody remember?

It's something like that. I definately don't want to give them Crede.

I'd consider a Rauch, Garland, and Reed package....but I'd have to consider it for quite some time. We'd then have to lock Beltran up, which would be hard as hell to do with Bora$$ as his agent, until Webster is ready. If we could get him for $6-$8 mill...that'd be great....but nothing more. If he wants more....go with Borchard or someone signed as the CFer.

It's something like that.  I definately don't want to give them Crede.

I'd consider a Rauch, Garland, and Reed package....but I'd have to consider it for quite some time.  We'd then have to lock Beltran up, which would be hard as hell to do with Bora$$ as his agent, until Webster is ready.  If we could get him for $6-$8 mill...that'd be great....but nothing more.  If he wants more....go with Borchard or someone signed as the CFer.

I don't know I'd definately have to think for a while about Crede for Beltran.

Beltran is a young, proven, speedy switch hitting centerfielder. Those aren't easy to come by.

I would really have to think about that if I were GM

Does this mean we are in the Beltran race?  I hope so.....I would give quite a bit to get Beltran.  He's a better version of Jose Cruz, IMO.

I think it means we have what it takes to get him, but the move makes no sense from the Sox perspective cause they won't take on that type of salary without unloading it. Only way this happens is if there is some type of three way where someone picks up PK or someone elses salary.

Does this mean we are in the Beltran race?  I hope so.....I would give quite a bit to get Beltran.  He's a better version of Jose Cruz, IMO.

I think it means we have what it takes to get him, but the move makes no sense from the Sox perspective cause they won't take on that type of salary without unloading it. Only way this happens is if there is some type of three way where someone picks up PK or someone elses salary.

Man if we could unload PK's salary and pick up Beltran that would be sweet. We would just have to figure out how to get rid of Boras so we could have a chance at signing him.

Guest hotsoxchick1

if boras is his agent you can just hang it up now.. jr will not do any dealings with that man............

I really think it meant that those teams are still in their division races.  Not the race for Beltran.

Guys, the sox arent going to trade for Beltran. Hes too good. He would cost a lot....

I definitely don't want to give them Crede.

If the Sox trade Crede, what's the picture at 3B look like?

I'm not up on the Sox 3B prospects in the minors, but there's nobody I see anyone talking about very much at that position. That could just be because the Sox seem to be set there with Crede for a while.

Any speculation on who would take third base if Joe were let go?

Trading Crede would be a horrible idea. There aren't that many good 3B in the game right now, and those there are very few that are available. Look at the Cubs' struggle to find a decent player at third. Also, remember Carlos, Greg Norton, and Chris Snopek? Crede is the first Third Baseman since Robin who has the potential to be good offensively and defensively for an extended period of time.

Trading Crede would be a horrible idea.  There aren't that many good 3B in the game right now, and those there are very few that are available.  Look at the Cubs' struggle to find a decent player at third.  Also, remember Carlos, Greg Norton, and Chris Snopek?  Crede is the first Third Baseman since Robin who has the potential to be good offensively and defensively for an extended period of time.

I agree. We need to give Joe Crede every opportunity to become the all around thirdbaseman we expect him to become. Good 3B's are few and far between.

I'd consider a Rauch, Garland, and Reed package....but I'd have to consider it for quite some time.  We'd then have to lock Beltran up, which would be hard as hell to do with Bora$$ as his agent, until Webster is ready.  If we could get him for $6-$8 mill...that'd be great....but nothing more.  If he wants more....go with Borchard or someone signed as the CFer.

I'll give you Garland but i dont want to give up on Rauch yet.

i say Garland/Lee(or harris lol). then we could put Beltran in CF and Borchard in LF (i would prefer RF but maggs is there).

i say Garland/Lee(or harris lol). then we could put Beltran in CF and Borchard in LF (i would prefer RF but maggs is there).

The Royals are asking for prospects at CF, 3B and 2B, we aren't going to get Beltran for any crappy guys. We are talking about a farm system buster kind of guy here.

The Royals are asking for prospects at CF, 3B and 2B, we aren't going to get Beltran for any crappy guys. We are talking about a farm system buster kind of guy here.

DAMN. but after hearing he is a Boras client, there is no way in hell.

They aren't getting a good 3B, 2B, and CF prospect for Beltran.

No team can give up that much and still be considered an organization run by completely sane people. That would be a trade worse than the Ritchie trade.

Something like what we got for Colon will be worked out. Not those types of players....but that kind of deal....one where it the best offer just comes and the Royals trade him.

That best offer could be, IMO, Garland, Rauch, and Reed....they get one solid pitcher with talent...one injured goods prospect who can still be great....and a future CFer.

Maybe I don't give them Rauch....that's questionable. I do give them Garland and Reed though....and then (if I may quote cerb) "make Webster god." He becomes the CFer of the future.

I would also consider a Jimenez, Garland, and Reed deal...they get 2 of their 3 needs filled....and we get our guy...and we then use Miles and Harris(just whoever is playing the best) at 2B.

I hate to end all this speculation... but the actually quote from gammons article is

While Kansas City is expected to test Carlos Beltran's market, they, the White Sox, Expos, Rockies and Diamondbacks are in the races. For now. But if the ships start sinking, the names Bartolo Colon, Curt Schilling, Byung-Hyun Kim and Javier Vazquez could all change the October landscape.

What hes saying is that KC, along with WS expos, rocks and Dbacks are still in a pennat race.... but if they fall out all those players may be available for trades....

So stop dreaming... beltran will never wear a sox uni.

I don't know I'd definately have to think for a while about Crede for Beltran.

Beltran is a young, proven, speedy switch hitting centerfielder. Those aren't easy to come by.

I would really have to think about that if I were GM

Yet we lose him after the season, guranteed with Boras as his agent. I'd rather hold on to Crede in the long run.

CWSOX45

The Royals are going to try to rob KW.

If we give up too much for Beltran that would be horrible.

Especially if we can't sign him.

He is the best player on the Royals besides Sweeney, but the Royals will be going for blood, trying

to get 4-5 of our young guys.