Official NBA Discussion Thread

ChWRoCk2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
Where they gonna play him?  As a SF or what?  They already have a log jam at the SG/SF position with Jamal/Q-Rich/Penny/etc.

Yep. This is how you build a 1-2-3 rotation:

2005/2006

Stephon Marbury $16,500,000

Penny Hardaway $15,750,000

Allan Houston $19,125,000 ($8,000,000 paid by Knicks)

Jalen Rose $15,700,000

Quentin Richardson $7,000,000

Shannon Anderson $6,700,000

Jamal Crawford $6,500,000

Maurice Taylor $9,100,000

Close to $90 million, and this is before you tally up the salaries for the frontcourt players, one of which is a huge contract for the heartless, brainless Eddy Curry. :lol:

WORST FRANCHISE EVER

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2317958

Didnt see this anywhere, the Knicks trade AD for Rose and a first round pick.  The Knicks now have about 7 guards who can't pass and wont play defense to go with Channing Frye and Eddy Curry.... and they just traded away a solid expiring contract.  At least thats my initial reaction.  Any other thoughts?

my initial reaction is that isiah is dumb as f***.

let's see, trade away a guy making 13 million in the last year of his contract for a guy making $15 million with another year on his contract at that rate.

then add a shoot-first player to a team already overloaded with selfish combo guards.

yep. dumb as f***.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
Yep.  This is how you build a 1-2-3 rotation:

2005/2006

Stephon Marbury $16,500,000

Penny Hardaway $15,750,000

Allan Houston $19,125,000

Jalen Rose $15,700,000

Quentin Richardson $7,000,000

Shannon Anderson $6,700,000

Jamal Crawford $6,500,000

Maurice Taylor $9,100,000

$95+ million, and this is before you tally up the salaries for the frontcourt players, one of which is a huge contract for the heartless, brainless Eddy Curry.  :lol:

WORST FRANCHISE EVER

Wow, that is terrible. Thanks for putting together the numbers man. I totally forgot about Allan Houston. That's terrible.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
Wow, that is terrible.  Thanks for putting together the numbers man.  I totally forgot about Allan Houston.  That's terrible.

Actually, insurance is paying the bulk of Allan Houston's contract, but the salary numbers are still astronomical.

EDIT: The Knicks have to pay about $15 MIL or his remaining $40 MIL, and insurance will take care of the rest.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

The New York Knicks have acquired Toronto Raptors guard/forward Jalen Rose and a first-round pick in exchange for power forward Antonio Davis, ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reports.

Hollinger's Trade Breakdown

If there's a player who is the antithesis of what Knicks coach Larry Brown is about, it's Jalen Rose. Brown likes his players mentally tough and defensive-minded; Rose is completely offensive-minded and bristles at the slightest suggestion that he might no longer be a star. The two were paired briefly in Indiana and mixed about as well as peanut butter and tacos. Brown grew incensed by Rose's defensive lapses and banished him to the pine, and Rose got upset.

Oddly enough, this pattern later repeated itself when Rose played for Thomas in Indiana, which is why I didn't expect to see Rose turn up in New York.

Incidentally, Antonio Davis, now a Raptor for the second time, may agree to a buyout with Toronto, and if so one imagines he'll eventually land back home in Chicago.

LOL, I am sure Michael Axelrod is thrilled that BOTH Davis' will be in town more often now.

Edited by kyyle23

I gotta say, AD would help the Bulls out if only it would mean no more minutes for Malik Allen.

I have no idea what the Knicks are thinking here, as has been posted over and over in this thread, they already have too many players at that position.

And I agree, Larry Brown is getting exactly what he deserves here.

Guess this means Q-Rich is probably on his way to Atlanta soon probably, or even Portland, with Harrington or Ratliff coming back the other way.

And what's the point really of getting these 1st rounders when Brown's not even going to play them. They make the Blackhawks look like a functional organization. :bang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
Guess this means Q-Rich is probably on his way to Atlanta soon probably, or even Portland, with Harrington or Ratliff coming back the other way.

And what's the point really of getting these 1st rounders when Brown's not even going to play them. They make the Blackhawks look like a functional organization.  :bang

Frye?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
He should be starting. Instead Brown brings him off the bench. Even tonight, Mo Taylor gets the start.

He averages 26 minutes and has started. nate robinson gets minutes too.

I guess he plays them now that he has to 'cause he really didn't have to with more veteran teams that played more his style before.