Official NBA Discussion Thread

ChWRoCk2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Why not draft Morrison and trade for JR Smith.

I can't see us doing both. To be honest, if we traded Battie for Smith, and then took one of the bigs in the draft (I'm thinkin we're gonna hav a top 4 pick at this rate), that would do me.

But it definitely looks like we're going to re-sign Battie, and I guess they want him to stick around to help teach Darko like he's done with Dwight, and Battie has had his moments at C this season (although lately he's stunk).

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
Why not draft Morrison and trade for JR Smith.

Cripes...cause we don't need SF's. We need PF/C's and drastically. A really good 2 guard would be great too (kick Gordon's ass out). I know one thing, we need much more of Kirk at the 1 cause he's by far the best PG we got and its a disservice having him jumbled so many other places.

We are best when the ball is in his hand with him running the offense. He's an astute player that can drive, can pass when he drives and on the most part protects the ball very well for a young player. Plus he's the best defensive PG we have (although Duh is a very good on the ball defender as well).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Cripes...cause we don't need SF's.  We need PF/C's and drastically.  A really good 2 guard would be great too (kick Gordon's ass out).  I know one thing, we need much more of Kirk at the 1 cause he's by far the best PG we got and its a disservice having him jumbled so many other places.

We are best when the ball is in his hand with him running the offense.  He's an astute player that can drive, can pass when he drives and on the most part protects the ball very well for a young player.  Plus he's the best defensive PG we have (although Duh is a very good on the ball defender as well).

Just wanted to say...after posting this I realized you were talking to Dbaho, so just ignore those parts. I was wondering where that came from cause your usually pretty on the money with the Bulls (although I disagree with you on Nazr/Harrington).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Guys are you all mental or something. The Bulls aren't looking at Morrison, not one bit. 

Exactly. Scott Skiles/John Paxon+Adam Morrison=Not Bloody Likely. They want guys who hustle and defend on both ends of the floor.

20 points on 7/13 shooting tonight for Tim Thomas in his Suns debut. Good thing we got rid of that useless bum, who wants a 6'10 player who can score on a team full of too small players? He doesn't play hard enough damnit!

Yeah I'm sure everybody will run to Pax and Skiles defense here, but you know Ben Gordon doesn't play defense either, and we let him stay around. And he's not 6'10 either.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
20 points on 7/13 shooting tonight for Tim Thomas in his Suns debut.  Good thing we got rid of that useless bum, who wants a 6'10 player who can score on a team full of too small players?  He doesn't play hard enough damnit!

Yeah I'm sure everybody will run to Pax and Skiles defense here, but you know Ben Gordon doesn't play defense either, and we let him stay around.  And he's not 6'10 either.

If there was a reason Pax and Skiles couldn't use that guy...after the job they did turning this franchise completely around last year, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt no matter who they discard and what they wind up doing. At least for now. I just think there had to be somehting behind the scenes about that whole deal, and I'm willing to give them a season or two to prove their plan to be one that works. They get 2 top picks from the Knicks, and I'll complain a lot less about releasing that guy.

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson weren't particularly known for their defensive prowess. Gordon isn't a very good defensive player, but he has improved. His offensive game is at times, unbelievable. Unless he's going in a trade or as part of a trade for a guy like Garnett, I hope the Bulls keep him. If I was Pax, there is no way I would trade him for Pierce. As for the draft, the Bulls certainly need some big players, and definitely need someone who can score on the block. But, I think it is still imperative they draft the best player on the board when they pick. You can get the other guys in FA or trades, and trades seem to be the way Pax is leaning right now. It is an extreme example and one that most likely does not apply to this draft or most drafts, but Portland probably cost itself several championships drafting a need instead of the best player in 1984. In 2 or 3 seasons when hopefully the Bulls are ready to contend for a championship, the glut at certain positions works itself out. It wasn't too long ago the Bulls had too many PF.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 08:28 AM)
Larry Bird and Magic Johnson weren't particularly known for their defensive prowess. Gordon isn't a very good defensive player, but he has improved. His offensive game is at times, unbelievable. Unless he's going in a trade or as part of a trade for a guy like Garnett, I hope the Bulls keep him. If I was Pax, there is no way I would trade him for Pierce. As for the draft, the Bulls certainly need some big players, and definitely need someone who can score on the block. But, I think it is still imperative they draft the best player on the board when they pick. You can get the other guys in FA or trades, and trades seem to be the way Pax is leaning right now. It is an extreme example and one that most likely does not apply to this draft or most drafts, but Portland probably cost itself several championships drafting a need instead of the best player in 1984. In 2 or 3 seasons when hopefully the Bulls are ready to contend for a championship, the glut at certain positions works itself out. It wasn't too long ago the Bulls had too many PF.

I agree and I think Pax thinks the same as well.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Amazing.  And on the road agianst the Bucks, who are somewhat decent.  Baffling turn of events indeed.

The Knicks are the Bulls b****. Even when they win it helps us because the Bucks currently have the 8 seed.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 09:28 AM)

Besides the obvious difference in talent level between those players, Gordon needs to get a few rings to ever be mentioned in the same sentence. Plus those guys stand 6'9" and 6'10." I wouldn't really call his offense "unbelieveable." There is never a night that I've looked at him and said "Ben Gordon is one of the best offensive players in the league." He's got a long way to go.

One extreme example doesn't mean that the Bulls should just take the guy they think is the best player, especially since the Blazers still probably wouldn't have won it all. They were very short on big men and playmaking ability, so they'd have still needed a lot of work even if they did take Michael. A lot of people thought that Bowie was the better player anyways, it's an inexact science. On top of that there are plenty of other cases where things backfired because teams drafted a guy they didn't really need. You think Atlanta might want to take a do-over on the draft, or do you really think they're still happy with Marvin Williams over Chris Paul?

The other problem is that our major area of strength and the position that we'd probably end up drafting if we used that philosophy is at SF. There are a lot of decent to good SF's in the league, so having 3 of them isn't really good, especially when none of them are elite and they can't play SG or PF. Unless we could deal one of them to bring in a big-time big guy, that doesn't help us at all. The only way that would happen is if the guy on his way out was Deng, which would really piss off a lot of Bulls' fans. None of these guys are Jordan, so it's kind of a mute point anyways.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
Who says Morrison is even coming out

Common sense. His stock will be higher in this weak ass draft than it ever can get, and another year in college might just make people come to their senses and realize Morrison doesn't have an NBA game. But you have a point, I've seen people make plenty of stupid decisions before, so you never know.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
Common sense.  His stock will be higher in this weak ass draft than it ever can get, and another year in college might just make people come to their senses and realize Morrison doesn't have an NBA game.  But you have a point, I've seen people make plenty of stupid decisions before, so you never know.

If anyone would pull a Leinart it would be Morrison though. And yes it would be a stupid decision. Just like if I were Greg Oden and was guaranteed being the #1 pick (a year from now) and decided to stay another few years at OSU.

Anytime I know I'm going in the top few picks and am going to get money I'm taking it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
If anyone would pull a Leinart it would be Morrison though.  And yes it would be a stupid decision.  Just like if I were Greg Oden and was guaranteed being the #1 pick (a year from now) and decided to stay another few years at OSU. 

Anytime I know I'm going in the top few picks and am going to get money I'm taking it.

Yep, you can ALWAYS go back and get your degree, that money may not be there a year later due to a myriad of reasons.