Favorite Steak?

RockRaines

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
I'll take plain old Applebee's Sirloin steak any day of the week, month, year, centure, millenium...

LMFAO! I know - you haven't been out much... and that's cool... but dude, someone's got to get you out to a real steak joint. :)

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Well I've had Fogo and Sal & Carvao and thought they were both pretty comparable.

I still say Finley's in Downers Grove will hook those of you that try it!!!

Fogo's pretty damn good - garlic sirloin... yuummmm... Dallas has a ton of totally kick ass steak houses.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Well I've had Fogo and Sal & Carvao and thought they were both pretty comparable.

I still say Finley's in Downers Grove will hook those of you that try it!!!

For any red meat loves, a brazillian steakhouse has to be a must see.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
LMFAO!  I know - you haven't been out much... and that's cool... but dude, someone's got to get you out to a real steak joint.  :)

Amen! I love the Bourbon Street steak at Applebee's, but come on! I still need some Heinz 57 with it.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
LMFAO!  I know - you haven't been out much... and that's cool... but dude, someone's got to get you out to a real steak joint.  :)

Does Outback Steakhouse count? :P I was suppose to go to Fogo de Chau once but had to cancel. I normally don't go out for food much anyway.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
I'll take plain old Applebee's Sirloin steak any day of the week, month, year, centure, millenium...

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)

No joke, you need to get off of the Kids menu and get into a REAL stakehouse. Applebees is like the difference between Little Ceasars and Gino's East.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
I haven't eaten steak in Chicago for a looooong time, but is Gene and Georgetti's closed?  I loved that place.  So old school, and the guys on the grill really knew what they were doing.

If you're ever in Mpls, eat at Manny's.  It's fan-freaking-tastic.

gene and georgetti's is still open and still getting it done.

My favorite types are Skirt and Rib Eye. Tasty. I want one now.

Has anyone ever been to this place called Stoney River? It's decent...I went up there (I've only seen it in the northern suburbs) when I was up near some relatives.

I really want to try Ruth's Chris. I've heard good things of Pete Miller's, but I've never tried it. Anyone been there?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
I actually had to one time :ph34r:

The only tough part for me is when I stop and think about all the different kinds of animal meat in my stomach at once. Beef, pork, lamb, some places have even expanded the menu to include chicken and some fish. At that point, it's pretty much a carcass fest in your stomach.

Enjoy.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
The only tough part for me is when I stop and think about all the different kinds of animal meat in my stomach at once.  Beef, pork, lamb, some places have even expanded the menu to include chicken and some fish.  At that point, it's pretty much a carcass fest in your stomach.

Enjoy.

:lol:

Good s*** - nice and smelly.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
The only tough part for me is when I stop and think about all the different kinds of animal meat in my stomach at once.  Beef, pork, lamb, some places have even expanded the menu to include chicken and some fish.  At that point, it's pretty much a carcass fest in your stomach.

Enjoy.

The placeis seriously one of the greatest sloth fests of all time. Just try and not take a nap after, I dare you!!!!

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Would not go back. I do not know why they ask you how you would like your steak cooked, because it seems like they cook every steak to medium.

I like Morton's  Ruth's Chris and On the cheaper end costwise but not quality wise

Golden Steer in Forest Park.

I had the same experience at Gibson's. The quality of the top steakhouse meat is very similar, in fact a lot of it is the same. Preparation is the key, and I'm a little weird in that I don't always order my meat prepared the same. I go from medium to well done.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
I haven't eaten steak in Chicago for a looooong time, but is Gene and Georgetti's closed?  I loved that place.  So old school, and the guys on the grill really knew what they were doing.

If you're ever in Mpls, eat at Manny's.  It's fan-freaking-tastic.

I went to Gene and Georgetti's a couple of years ago with my old boss. It was totally old school as we sucked back manhattans at the bar before hand. I ordered mine medium well that night and they burned the s*** out of it. I never send back food for fear of what might happen when I don't see it so I just ate it. I went to see the Sox in Minneapolis a few years ago with my father who spent a lot of time up there and knew his way around. We ate at Manny's and it was excellent.

Is "little Zagreb" still in Bloomington Indiana????

or totally off the beaten path... Gino's in harvey... it is east of halsted at about 161st...

although i guess bloomington IN is also off a beaten path

and the always packed Jack Gibbons Gardens... great steak, but their salad is lettuce .... that's it...

Edited by sec159row2

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
Is "little Zagreb" still in Bloomington Indiana????

or totally off the beaten path... Gino's in harvey... it is east of halsted at about 161st...

although i guess bloomington IN is also off a beaten path

Yep!

I ate there last year when my parents came down. That place was packed, and I can see why.