New Tejada News: O's reportedly make a proposal...

maggsmaggs

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
*submits vote to rename thread Rock vs. Adam G.....Prior or count and how to win a message board arguement*

Nah, it's done now.

2006 will be a very telling year for Contreras and Prior...Jose might revert to pre All Star break 2005 form and Prior might get injured yet again. If those happen, they both need to be shipped out of town ASAP.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Nah, it's done now. 

2006 will be a very telling year for Contreras and Prior...Jose might revert to pre All Star break 2005 form and Prior might get injured yet again.  If those happen, they both need to be shipped out of town ASAP.

I would say each has about a 50/50 chance to happen.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
hahahaha.  Anchorman always comes out on top however.  I would give the cubs more of a Captain Ron Rating

If I played for the Cubs, I'd probably prefer this Captain

Captain_Morgan_Rum-Tshirt.jpg

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
LOUD NOISES!!!

Brick: Yea, I stabbed a man in the heart.

Ron: I saw that! Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

Brick: Yea, there were horses and a man on fire and I killed a guy with a trident.

Ron: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safe house or a relative close by because you're probably wanted for murder.

My only point in ever putting Prior and Contreras in the same thread was that they were the centerpieces in similar deals offered for Tejada. Cubs supposedly offered Prior, Neifi Perez, Patterson, and Rich Hill for Tejada and Bedard. So my thought was that since the Sox were probably offering a better OVERALL package than the Cubs, it seems that Bedard should be included in the deal. Somehow Rock Raines pulled off the part where I said we are giving up arguably the better "ace" (Contreras vs. Prior) and ran with it...who has more value to the Orioles...

But in the end, does anyone else think that if this trade rumor is true, that KW will absolutely have Bedard included in any deal?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but in order to get Tejada, I'd have no problem with the Sox doing this trade.  I honestly believe Tejada is a massive upgrade over Uribe at the plate.

I agree as long as not Mccarthey.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Not that my opinion matters but I would love this. Getting a top 10 player in the league is tremendous. I could care less about prospects. They are just trading pawns.

:cheers

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
You really dislike prospects huh?

Look one day this lightening bolt we are on will come to an end. Then we can rebuild. Until then, we get better with proven players (superstars) build the fan base and win divisions. Prospects usually don't pan out. That simple.

Since the Orioles asked for Contreras, I would think they wouldn't be asking for McCarthy as the pitching prospect. It's a little risky to make yet another drastic trade coming of a WS, but I like it, Tejada is an elite player in his prime and at about $12M per is worth the contract.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Look one day this lightening bolt we are on will come to an end. Then we can rebuild. Until then, we get better with proven players (superstars) build the fan base and win divisions. Prospects usually don't pan out. That simple.

I'll have to agree...I'm kinda in the mood for trying to win more of these championships while the pitching is where it's at...

About few weeks ago, Kenny has already mentioned on an article in the Sun-Times that he disliked the defeatist attitude, and that he will do whatever to not only improve the team to win it all again, but also to get rid of the second team in the city reputation.

If he holds truth to his words, he will pull the trigger.

Just close your eyes and envision the drawing attraction: Tejada-Konerko-Thome-Dye!!!

Wow!

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
I'll have to agree...I'm kinda in the mood for trying to win more of these championships while the pitching is where it's at...

They'd be stupid not to..

Back to back champs.. then a few years of rebuilding... I'll take it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but in order to get Tejada, I'd have no problem with the Sox doing this trade.  I honestly believe Tejada is a massive upgrade over Uribe at the plate.

I'd do this trade every day of the week and twice on Sunday as long as the pitching prospect is not named McCarthy.

Remember, Contreras is of low value to the Sox because McCarthy is waiting in the wings AND he is a short-termer contract wise. Sweeney is a prospect at best - we are still waiting on corner OF power from him - and the pitching prospect would have to be a low level guy anyway (the Sox have traded all the good AA/high-A guys anyway). Put it at Contreras, Uribe, Sweeney and Liotta for Tejada and, say, an Oriole high-A IF prospect, and it's a deal for me (every day and twice on Sunday).

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
mlbtraderumors.com is not a bulls*** site.  He does in fact have legitimate sources.  And all baseball teams go through tons of proposals and interest in players.

How do you know it is legitimate? Do you run the site? His rumors are never ground breaking and usually make little sense. When he has a rumor that is not menioned any where on the internet before him... and it goes through. Then maybe he will be given some acknowledgement. We have threads daily with this site now for about the last three weeks... why is that? He has been around alot longer than that.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
How do you know it is legitimate? Do you run the site? His rumors are never ground breaking and usually make little sense. When he has a rumor that is not menioned any where on the internet before him... and it goes through. Then maybe he will be given some acknowledgement. We have threads daily with this site now for about the last three weeks... why is that? He has been around alot longer than that.

Qwerty of course this could all be bulls***. probably is. But it may not be. I do think something with tejada will happen soon.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
I'd do this trade every day of the week and twice on Sunday as long as the pitching prospect is not named McCarthy. 

Remember, Contreras is of low value to the Sox because McCarthy is waiting in the wings AND he is a short-termer contract wise.  Sweeney is a prospect at best - we are still waiting on corner OF power from him - and the pitching prospect would have to be a low level guy anyway (the Sox have traded all the good AA/high-A guys anyway).  Put it at Contreras, Uribe, Sweeney and Liotta for Tejada and, say, an Oriole high-A IF prospect, and it's a deal for me (every day and twice on Sunday).

So no Bedard included, huh? I really hope he gets added because I think he has elite lefty potential a la Santana.