Explain your Screen Name?

Texsox

I'm wondering how some of y'all came up with your screen names? I've enjoyed discovering the hidden meanings in some of the screen names.

I was trying to slur together Texas and Sox trying to have it sound Tex-Sox. Probably works when I'm drinking :cheers

My sig basically highlights some of my favorite Sox personalities. The Rally Crede will be a highlight I think, for the rest of my life. The Southside Hit men is a whole lot easier to explain than the rally crede :cheers

My avatar changes with my moods. I've had some great ones made for me, and sometimes grab something I see.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a certain fondness for Herbert Perry, as should all of you. He was the Milkman, and he always delivered...that one year. Plus, I also like milk.

I have Iguchi in my avatar because he's my favorite current Sox player, and second is Konerko, of course :P

The sig is just awesome. Knightni is clearly the Milkman of sig making.

I once stood atop a mountain north of Katmandu with a monk. We stood in silence for hours, he didnt blink once. Then he turned to me, and through broken english, he said "you are now kyyle23. you are to unite Soxtalk for the good of mankind." He then returned to the monastery and resumed his vow of silence. This was 15 years ago.

First Name + an extra Y + a pretty good number in chicago = kyyle23

Mine came off of a game at Cyberskipper.com. I played two games, both the Sox one and the Marlins one. I named my Marlins team the Fishheads. I named my Sox team the Soxheads. I have since dropped the Sox part, and added 22 at the end, as it's my basketball number that I wore in high school.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
Like all Latino Americans who refuse to learn the English language, I feel that all of SoxTalk should cater to me.  Go figure out what my name means then change all of your screen names to Spanish so that I know what they mean.

:P

danged peepul caint lern are languge beefour you move here? jeez....

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 08:50 AM)
Like all Latino Americans who refuse to learn the English language, I feel that all of SoxTalk should cater to me.  Go figure out what my name means then change all of your screen names to Spanish so that I know what they mean.

Lechero Entrega is my new screen name.

Tejmedias it is :D But, how does that sound?

I'm obsessed with "old things", especially from the early 20th century up through the 50's. So I wanted to use "old-time Baseball". In doing so I wanted a name different than the much-used Joe Jackson. I always felt sorry for Kid, as from everything I have read is that he was a great guy, a great Baseball mind, and he just got screwed over and he never recovered from it really. So, it's my way of keeping him alive. It was also my name on the MLB boards.

My avatar goes back to the "old thing", plus the Creature is one of my fave monsters. Plus, it's just really friggin' cool.

Signature...that "old thing" again. Plus the fact that Groucho Marx was teh greatest comedic mind of all-time. Nobody comes close to Groucho, nobody. He was also a hell of a great human being.

The final one is my site.

genio del señor!!!!

or

sr_genius!!!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)

:lolhitting

Well played.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
i enjoy the company of the white sox and the bears.

The 01 was when i created that screenname in AIM i think.

Then i decided to go hollywood and "j-lo" my name, because I'm that special.

you name slut ;)

Edited by kyyle23

AND TO HELP YOU, WE WILL SHOUT ENGLISH S L O W L Y SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
I've actually always wondered if you were a Monsters Inc. fan or what! LOL! So, are you a Popeye fan, or was it just a funny idea?

I used to drive a semi and my boss and his son said when I would concentrate (like backing the truck into the garage) I would stick my chin out like Popeye. It soon became "Eyeball", "Eye" and "Mr. Eye."

I guess in the Popeye movie with Robin Williams a bellhop grabs his bags and says, "I'll take your bags, Missssterrr..........Eye?"

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
I used to drive a semi and my boss and his son said when I would concentrate (like backing the truck into the garage) I would stick my chin out like Popeye. It soon became "Eyeball", "Eye" and "Mr. Eye."

I guess in the Popeye movie with Robin Williams a bellhop grabs his bags and says, "I'll take your bags, Missssterrr..........Eye?"

For some reason when I first started posting here I thought it was a play on the word Mystery, Kind of like how the riddler had the name Mr. Enigma(Mr. E)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
For some reason when I first started posting here I thought it was a play on the word Mystery,  Kind of like how the riddler had the name Mr. Enigma(Mr. E)

Hmmm, kinda cool, but, no, I'm not that clever. :D