The Justice League

Steff

There are many Green Lanterns.

Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner and John Stewart are the three from Earth.

(Hal Jordan was the original I believe)

The Wonder Twins were a "Super Friends Cartoon" idea. They have nothing to do with JL. (Except in later incarnations I just noticed)

As per naming them, I'll pass.

But, I do recommend the Justice League Unlimited episodes on Cartoon Network.

Quality TV watching for animation.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 03:37 AM)

Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner and John Stewart are the three from Earth.

The Wonder Twins were a "Super Friends Cartoon" idea. They have nothing to do with JL. (Except in later incarnations I just noticed)

As per naming them, I'll pass.

But, I do recommend the Justice League Unlimited episodes on Cartoon Network.

Quality TV watching for animation.

John Stewart went from the Green Lantern to The Daily Show?

Is that a step down or a step up?

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 03:37 AM)

Nope, Alan Scott was the original "Golden Age" Green Lantern, later the "Earth II" Green Lantern after Gardner Fox complicated the DC Universe with the whole parallel Earth's concept.

Of course, he was not the first Green Lantern of Space Sector 2814 (the sector containing Earth). Yalan Gur was the earliest Sector 2814 GL to be referenced, and he predates Alan Scott by 2,000 years.

Of course, Alan Scott was not part of the GL Corps per se, but his power does derive in part from GL Corps power. None other than Yalan Gur himself died in a free-fall earth reentry, and a 3.5 billion yeear old mystical orb called the Starheart felt his pain and bound to him, forming a meteor-like object that was carved by the lampmaker Chang into the green lantern that would eventually be found by Alan Scott.

Got all that? :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
Nope, Alan Scott was the original "Golden Age" Green Lantern, later the "Earth II" Green Lantern after Gardner Fox complicated the DC Universe with the whole parallel Earth's concept.

Of course, he was not the first Green Lantern of Space Sector 2814 (the sector containing Earth).  Yalan Gur was the earliest Sector 2814 GL to be referenced, and he predates Alan Scott by 2,000 years.

Of course, Alan Scott was not part of the GL Corps per se, but his power does derive in part from GL Corps power.  None other than Yalan Gur himself died in a free-fall earth reentry, and a 3.5 billion yeear old mystical orb called the Starheart felt his pain and bound to him, forming a meteor-like object that was carved by the lampmaker Chang into the green lantern that would eventually be found by Alan Scott.

Got all that?  :D

I'm taking it you were alone alot of the time on Valentine's Day?