Sammy Sosa Comments

Harry Chappas

So I am watching the news this morning on channel 9 and they had a little part of his speech on. His remarks were incredible as he stated to the reporter, "knock off the bulls*** this team needs me." He then went on to say, "I don't care how good THEY did, they need ME." There was no mentioning of how well they were doing and now they would go even further. Man this guy is a headcase. If anyone on the Sox said this it would be headline news. He was completly serious and pissed that someone would suggest this. He was also wearing a winter cap yesterday when it was 70 in the shade. Friggin joke.

He was also wearing a winter cap yesterday when it was 70 in the shade.  Friggin joke.

I was poolside ;)

By the way.. I thought you dingbats were coming to the bar and then over to our place Saturday night. Waited for you.. and then when we left everyone was gone. Lightweights! :nono

More along the lines of Sam-Me's absence... anyone else following his potential for "leg injuries?" Excuse me, but can't you ride a stationary bike (even with no resistance) with an incapacitated toe? What's this about his "honeymoon" with his wife? I don't know about any of you guys... but (as an NCAA athlete) when I'm injured, I do ANYTHING I can to try to maintain any skill I can... for example... I couldn't do so much as rub one out without getting a headache this past winter because of a concussion that kept me out of hockey for 2 months... but I'd do little things like juggle or something along those lines to keep up at least my hand-eye coordination so that I wouldn't have as much trouble returning from the injury. Sure, I'd have more time because I couldn't go to practices or anything like that, but I wouldn't be bragging about it, spending more time with my girlfriend and saying "I'm on a honeymoon." The only crap I'd be talking about would be getting back in the game, and that's as a D-3 student athlete (where sports isn't the only thing I have to worry about).

Then here's Sam-Me, out for 2 weeks with a toe injury (I won't comment on the injury itself....) calling it a "honeymoon" and acting offended when the team wins without him. I'm sorry for rambling and ranting, but that kind of s*** offends me as an athlete who will never make it that far. If you have that much f***ing talent (debate all you want, but he IS in the big leagues), don't piss it away. This is probably the only subject that'll ever get me this pissed.

If those are what he really said then that freaking sickens me. He should say that I was so proud to see those guy produce like that. I'm working hard to get back and help make this team even better so we can finally play some winning baseball in October. The team did a heck of a job now I'll help do my part.

If I'm Hendry, I'd trade Sosa to the Rangers for Arod. :)

I'm just saying if Texas wants to dump his contract. Cubs are one team that could probably pay that kind of money.

All I know is I'd find a way to move Sosa. Heck, move Sammy to the Yankees for Alfonso Soriano (No way will it happen, but worth a shot). I bet they coudl do it for Jeter.

I'm just saying if Texas wants to dump his contract.  Cubs are one team that could probably pay that kind of money. 

All I know is I'd find a way to move Sosa.  Heck, move Sammy to the Yankees for Alfonso Soriano (No way will it happen, but worth a shot).  I bet they coudl do it for Jeter.

The sad thing is, a few years back before the Cubs had resigned Sosa, when they were talking about trading him the Yankees made the Cubs a 4 player offer that included Soriano and Ramiro Mendoza among the players.

I'm just saying if Texas wants to dump his contract.  Cubs are one team that could probably pay that kind of money. 

All I know is I'd find a way to move Sosa.  Heck, move Sammy to the Yankees for Alfonso Soriano (No way will it happen, but worth a shot).  I bet they coudl do it for Jeter.

The sad thing is, a few years back before the Cubs had resigned Sosa, when they were talking about trading him the Yankees made the Cubs a 4 player offer that included Soriano and Ramiro Mendoza among the players.

And I was about the only person saying they should of made that trade.

They were offerings Soriano, Rivera, Mendoza and one guy who turned out to be a bust, forget who it was. Jackson Melian, thats it.

They were offerings Soriano, Rivera, Mendoza and one guy who turned out to be a bust, forget who it was. Jackson Melian, thats it.

Yeah you aren't alone. If you go back and look at lots of those superstar for the farm system trades after 5 years or so, it is amazing how slanted some of them turn out. The Randy Johnson deal to Houston from Seattle was insane.

They were offerings Soriano, Rivera, Mendoza and one guy who turned out to be a bust, forget who it was.  Jackson Melian, thats it.

I don't think Rivera was part of that trade. I thought it was Nick Johnson, Soriano, Mendoza and Ted Lilly. Instead they traded the left fielder I forget his name (Glenallen Hill?) for Ben Ford. Nice move but the goal is to fill seats not win games.

I am glad they didn't make that trade as they would be going after Vlad now.

They were offerings Soriano, Rivera, Mendoza and one guy who turned out to be a bust, forget who it was.  Jackson Melian, thats it.

I don't think Rivera was part of that trade. I thought it was Nick Johnson, Soriano, Mendoza and Ted Lilly. Instead they traded the left fielder I forget his name (Glenallen Hill?) for Ben Ford. Nice move but the goal is to fill seats not win games.

I am glad they didn't make that trade as they would be going after Vlad now.

Still either way you can't tell me that you would rather have the one superstar versus all of that talent.

Sammy is the type of a guy who would put monster swings on his 5yo kid's wiffleball in the backyard game....nothing worse than an aging ultra-competitive megalomaniac, especially in sports.

Like Michael Jordan only more steroid-crazy.

I am "SO-good-SA " is a conceited player and always has been. I don't think he plays for the team as much as himself. That's why the Cubs won't be in the playoffs when this seaon is all said and done. Of course with the way the Sox are playing that means two Chicago teams will be sitting in October.