Will Barry Bonds Surpass Hank Aaron?

kevin57

Do you predict Barry Bonds will surpass Hank Aaron's HR record this year?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you predict Barry Bonds will surpass Hank Aaron's HR record this year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Steroids doesn't bother me. If he wants to ruin his body, that's his thing. But the whole game is about unfair advantage. So roids - which doesn't necessarily make you a better player - is illegal. Why isn't lasik if you don't need it? Hitters are having that so they can turn their 20-20 or 20-25 vision into 20-10. There are all sorts of legal ways to get the competitive advantage that seem just as unfair to me as steroids. If one is legal, they all should be.

I don't think he's more or less selfish than anyone else in baseball to be honest either. I just think he's a great hitter.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Even if he's totally healthy and plays close to 162 games (he's only played over 150 once in the past 8 years), I don't think he gets it this year. The 3 years after hitting 73 he put up 46, 45, and 45 homers. That's about tops for what he will get this year. People just aren't going to pitch to him, assuming he's his old self. If he's a little off or has some nagging injury the puts him on the DL for a while (which seems fairly likely), he's down to the 35-40 range, which seems fairly realistic.

I find it hard to believe he'd retire without the record. However, I just don't think he does it this year.

agreed....even with a full healthy year, bonds needs 48 homers to do it this year...outside of 73 he hit in '01, hes only ever hit 48 once (he hit 49). So essentially barry needs arguably his second best year ever at age 42 coming off injury, with tougher steroid testing....i just dont see it happening...not this year at least...its very feasible that he will hit 25 this year and 25 next year and break it though

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
Here's the ultimate dimemma.  If you are Cub fan sitting in the Wrigley bleachers and catch Bonds record breaking homer, do you throw it back?  :lol:

:lolhitting :notworthy

However, if you are a Cub fan you'd be asking who's Barry Bonds? :huh

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
Here's the ultimate dimemma.  If you are Cub fan sitting in the Wrigley bleachers and catch Bonds record breaking homer, do you throw it back?  :lol:

Of course you do.

You're not paying attention to who hit it anyway, and you're too drunk to realize that it was 756 even if you knew it was Bonds.

Of course, you can always throw a decoy ball onto the field, that seems to be a new favorite move of the Cubbie faithful.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
Why do some people want to see him break the record?  I'm not trying to start an argument.  I would just really like to know why someone would want a scumbag/racist/cheater to take the record away from a class act like Hank Aaron.

I agree.

Aaron is a much better human being than Bonds, that's why I hope Bonds falls short of 755.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Even if he's totally healthy and plays close to 162 games (he's only played over 150 once in the past 8 years), I don't think he gets it this year. The 3 years after hitting 73 he put up 46, 45, and 45 homers. That's about tops for what he will get this year. People just aren't going to pitch to him, assuming he's his old self. If he's a little off or has some nagging injury the puts him on the DL for a while (which seems fairly likely), he's down to the 35-40 range, which seems fairly realistic.

I find it hard to believe he'd retire without the record. However, I just don't think he does it this year.

My thoughts exactly. Even before the 73 homer season he hit over 48 once. Like you said, since then he's done that 0 times, he just won't see enough pitches to do so.

Option 1: You throw it into Waveland Ave for the ballahwks, and get the s*** beaten out out of you.

Option 2: You keep it to make $$$, and get the s*** beaten out of you for not throwing it back

Option 3: You go with tradition, throw it back, and get the s*** beaten out of you for throwing it away.

Option 4: You're a Gaints fan there, you catch it, and you get the s*** beaten out of you for going to root for the enemy.

True story at a Cubs game I went to, Cubs-Pirates game, sat in the bleachers. This is a few years back. Aramis Ramirez (when he was still w/ the Pirates) hit a HR. A Pirates fan caught it, about 5 rows below me. Didn't throw it back. This Cubs fan who had been crazy all game, shirtless, drunk, called the beer man a f*****, was told by his wife to sit down and behave himself, beat him up, for not throwing it back. Pulled the ball loose, threw it to home on a 1-hop. Got ejected. Before he left, he's like "ALL RIGHT! HOUSTON BEAT THE s*** OUT OF ST. LOUIS!

Edited by Cuck the Fubs

Bonds passing Aaron will be highly unlikely.  He will have a better chance at breaking the BB record in a season than passing Aaron.  Once he gets around 25-30 HR's, most pitcher will just give him crap to hit or walk him.

He already has the BB and IBB season records. I think he's the all-time leader in BB.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
Option 1: You throw it into Waveland Ave for the ballahwks, and get the s*** beaten out  out of you.

Option 2: You keep it to make $$$, and get the s*** beaten out of you for not throwing it back

Option 3: You go with tradition, throw it back, and get the s*** beaten out of you for throwing it away.

You keep it and run out of the park like you're on fire. Then you get PAID.

Man, would I love to be the person that catches the record-breaking homer. I would make Bonds pay through the nose to get that thing, and I wouldn't hesitate to auction it off if I couldn't get more out of him. I'd probably feel bad doing that to just about any other player, and end up giving them the ball for some kind of smaller gesture, but I wouldn't give two s***s about doing that to Bonds.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
I rarely cheer against anything is sports

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
What about the Cubs?

You have got to drop the Cubs from your daily routine. White Sox = World Series

Cubs = The Tribunes problem.

Do you have to bring them up every day?

Man, would I love to be the person that catches the record-breaking homer.  I would make Bonds pay through the nose to get that thing, and I wouldn't hesitate to auction it off if I couldn't get more out of him.  I'd probably feel bad doing that to just about any other player, and end up giving them the ball for some kind of smaller gesture, but I wouldn't give two s***s about doing that to Bonds.

I don't think Bonds' record will be the one that stands. I think A-Rod has a legitamite shot at 800. He's been the youngest to 100, 200, 300, 400. I would make Bonds pay much more than an arm or a leg for it though, b/c he is a prick, selfish, greedy, racist, and anything else mean you can come up with. A-Rod I would also make pay big. He plays for the Yankees, has the biggest contract in baseball, has an agent who is a dick.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
I don't think Bonds' record will be the one that stands. I think A-Rod has a legitamite shot at 800. He's been the youngest to 100, 200, 300, 400. I would make Bonds pay much more than an arm or a leg for it though, b/c he is a prick, selfish, greedy, racist, and anything else mean you can come up with. A-Rod I would also make pay big. He plays for the Yankees, has the biggest contract in baseball, has an agent who is a dick.

I would make him admit to using steroids or take a lie detector test. Anything to humiliate him, like giving the ball to Ron Kittle. Maybe he can go hunting with Dick Cheney.

Edited by RME JICO