Iguchi out of WBC to concentrate on offense

iWiN4PreP

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
I beleive Javier Lopez is also going, and the last name is escaping me, but I am almost positive I heard 4 names from the Sox are going.

Well, two guys that count :P . Not to detract from Javier Lopez and whoever the other guy is, but we know that Freddy and Vazquez will be contributing to the team. I'm not as bothered by a reliever going as I am for a starter (especially when the reliever might not even make the team).

I thought that, too.  To my knowledge, Garcia and Vazquez were the only two competing on the Sox.

I beleive Javier Lopez is also going, and the last name is escaping me, but I am almost positive I heard 4 names from the Sox are going.

http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/2006/r...content=mlbclub

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)

Uribe is the only positional player still playing in the WBC.

I just like the fact that the Sox had several positional players how up to ST early. The only plus for Uribe is that he has played Winter Ball and batted in the 2 slot.

Edited by RME JICO

The final rosters are not due until March 2. He's on the provisional roster right now, and all those players are the ones listed. He might not make the final team. The Dominicans need a catcher, and another OF to round out the lineup. This is the potential they have right now:

1B: Pujols

2B: Soriano

SS: Tejada

3B: Aramis Ramirez/Beltre

DH: Big Papi

OF: Manny Ramirez

OF: Vlad

Pitchers: Colon and Martinez

Edited by Cuck the Fubs

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)

There are severe doubts about both of their abilities to compete, probably more so with Pedro, who's experiencing pain in 1 of his feet I believe. Colon still sounds like he'll pitch, but the Angels arent' happy about it given his injury at the end of last year.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
The final rosters are not due until March 2. He's on the provisional roster right now, and all those players are the ones listed. He might not make the final team. The Dominicans need a catcher, and another OF to round out the lineup. This is the potential they have right now:

1B: Pujols

2B: Soriano

SS: Tejada

3B: Aramis Ramirez/Beltre

DH: Big Papi

OF: Manny Ramirez

OF: Vlad

Stoneman is trying to force Colon and Escobar out of the games. I don't blame him either.

It says he declined last month.

His offense?  How about learning to get out of the way of sliding baserunners at 2nd?....or how about showing us some if that speed he supposedly had?

15 SB definately isn't bad for his first season in the MLB. But his speed sure isn't as good as advertised when the Sox signed him.