Bucks vs. Bulls + Trade deadline talk

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
There are a couple things that give me hope, aside from just Thomas's work in NY...While neither of them are healthy right now...Charlotte does sort of have a couple of fairly big guys already.  If they wind up ahead of us, they may very well be looking more at Gay than Aldridge...I just think he'd fill a need more.

If someone like Portland or Atlanta wound up ahead of us...they might be in the market for an extra pick just to try to get another player on the court.  Or Gordon might pique their interest.

I can't see Atlanta passing up on a big. They have needed one for a long time and have zero need for wing guys (they have way too many of them already and were fools when they invested all the money they did in Joe Johnson...even though he's a good player).

I think Charlotte would go with Gay, Atlanta would take Aldridge unless they were getting some pretty darn good talent in return.

I should also mention if the team got Pierce and Indiana somehow went into building mode I would look real long and hard and try to find any way possible to get Jermaine O'Neal in a deal centered around the #1 pick and Tyson Chandler or Luol Deng (I'd prefer Deng cause I think the Bulls would be able to find slide in some sort of wing player). But now I'm getting ridiculous but that would make us some team with Hinrich running the point.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
Well, on the other side...we're still a very, VERY young team right now anyway.  A lot of the guys on our team are still probably a couple years away from their peaks.  Which would give Aldridge more time to develop.  Chandler certainly still has his best years ahead of him, Deng also, Hinrich hopefully...Gordon maybe...You stick Aldridge in there, and he's roughly on the same development schedule as a lot of the other guys.

You stick a guy like PP or KG in there, and you're hoping that the guys around him develop fast enough to take advantage of the vet's skills while they're still at the top of their game.  Problem is...you don't know when age will catch up with those guys, and you don't know how long it'll take for your guys to start playing all the way up to their potential.

I think I lean towards the youth movement continuing...UNLESS you can get KG for a fair deal or PP for a song.

My theory is that in the sense of BG you should get value now for him because he doesn't fit into the Bulls system and what they want to do. PP can be here for a few years and than we can turn him around for someone else when the time comes (if the team needs more time).

I think Deng has a shot to be one of the best in the league at his position as does Hinrich while Chandler can become a defensive star in time. If Aldridge could turn into a 20/10 guy or even a 15/10 guy than I think we'd be pretty well set even if Pierce is older than we want at that point.

I still believe winning is a huge part to the whole rebuilding process and if you can get these guys used to winning and get them in some big games it will help teach the young players how to finish and improve.

Its why in the NFL I never root for a team to lose in order to get a draft pick because in some ways teams need to learn how to win cause no matter how many great draft picks you have, there is no guarantee of success. Teams need to learn to win.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Its why in the NFL I never root for a team to lose in order to get a draft pick because in some ways teams need to learn how to win cause no matter how many great draft picks you have, there is no guarantee of success. Teams need to learn to win.

Happily...we don't have to do that thanks to our good friends in New York...we just have to root for the Knickerbockers to lose!

The Bulls are unfortunately, in my opinion.... 2 years away from anything remotely resembling any type of contending team.

They will however make the playoffs in the East with a .500 record (maybe 1 over) and be subsequently swept by detriot. Rasheed will laugh, Scott Skiles will jump on his back... making rasheed swing aimlessly to get him off, it will be kinda entertaining really...

I, for one, am not willing to part with Gordon. I can see his game improving the last month or so. His other totals have gone up, his defense has improved and his scoring is coming back. You need someone to hit the clutch 3 point shots, and he is the only player we have who can do that.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Paxson will sit on ass and say we need more time to see what he has .....BLAH, Blah same old crap.

Sitting on his ass is probably the right move right now unless a shockingly good deal comes down the pipe. At least until you know what number that Knicks pick will be. I would hate to move that as just a "High lottery pick" and then have it wind up bieng #1.

On the other hand...I'm not sure I like the idea of just holding Thomas's expiring contract through the summer, since there's not necessarily going to be much on the FA market, so if we could find someone decent on a team that wants salary cap relief, it might be a useful chip. But it has to be someone useful.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 05:51 AM)
Hinrich let his man score at will on him tonight, Tyson played like crap, and Ben has had better shooting nights.

Um, hello?

Tyson won us the game, and Redd shot 35% from the field. :lol:

Read more and post less. That's my advice for you, because you just can't seem to get ANYTHING right. It's pathetic.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
Oh, and did anyone catch the Kirk Hinrich post-game interview?  He said that Tyson Chandler is without question the Team MVP.  Dumbf***s everywhere were hella confused after he said it.  :D

b****es felt stupid.

But yeah, Kirk doesn't know his basketball too well.

Well, I believe he said that Tyson WOULD be the MVP if he played like that every night. He had a good game, and 2 really nice blocks at the end of the game as well. Redd wondered where that arm came from as it swatted his shot.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
Well, I believe he said that Tyson WOULD be the MVP if he played like that every night.  He had a good game, and 2 really nice blocks at the end of the game as well.  Redd wondered where that arm came from as it swatted his shot.

If he had played like he is now for the first 2.5 months of the season...I bet we'd currently be holding onto one of those playoff spots.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
If he had played like he is now for the first 2.5 months of the season...I bet we'd currently be holding onto one of those playoff spots.

Oh, for sure. Lets hope that this is how he will play moving forward and that he is not just on a hot streak.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
Oh, for sure.  Lets hope that this is how he will play moving forward and that he is not just on a hot streak.

I think it's reasonable to expect him to keep this up. By his own admission he was out of shape early in the season after not working out while his contract was being discussed.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)
Well, I believe he said that Tyson WOULD be the MVP if he played like that every night.  He had a good game, and 2 really nice blocks at the end of the game as well.  Redd wondered where that arm came from as it swatted his shot.

He said point blank: Tyson is the Team MVP without question, as if it's silly to suggest otherwise. You could tell by his facial expressions. Did you see the interview?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:38 PM)
He said point blank: Tyson is the Team MVP without question, as if it's silly to suggest otherwise.  You could tell by his facial expressions.  Did you see the interview?

Yes, 3 times already. He said he would be our MVP if he played like that every night. You arent the only person with a TV, so stop acting like it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
I think it's reasonable to expect him to keep this up.  By his own admission he was out of shape early in the season after not working out while his contract was being discussed.

Lets hope so. If he could keep this up, and we could add some more size we could be alot more dangeous moving into next year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
He said he would be our MVP if he played like that every night.  You arent the only person with a TV, so stop acting like it.

Christ. Kirk said Tyson is our MVP period. He didn't preface it with "Well, if Tyson plays like this every night..."

You didn't see the interview. You're just making s*** up, and who the hell knows why.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
Um, hello?

Tyson won us the game, and Redd shot 35% from the field.  :lol:

Read more and post less.  That's my advice for you, because you just can't seem to get ANYTHING right.  It's pathetic.

1)I'm sick of your personal attacks towards everyone who's opinion you don't share. It's getting old now. You don't know everything. Tyson had stretches in the game in which he looked like crap like when he was getting quick cheap fouls. Notice how he only had 2 rebounds in the first half and was basically a ghost on the court til about the 4th? God you're annoying as hell.

2)Tyson Chandler is not god. Stop acting like it. You have no problem with calling other players out, but when it comes to Tyson, he almost could do no wrong.

So stop your s*** already. The act is old.

-Edit-

Sorry Chisoxfn, I didn't see your post, and I would erase it, but I'm sick of seeing him being able to get away with badmouthing people like they're inferior to him.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
1)I'm sick of your personal attacks towards everyone who's opinion you don't share. It's getting old now. You don't know everything. Tyson had stretches in the game in which he looked like crap like when he was getting quick cheap fouls. Notice how he only had 2 rebounds in the first half and was basically a ghost on the court til about the 4th? God you're annoying as hell.

2)Tyson Chandler is not god. Stop acting like it. You have no problem with calling other players out, but when it comes to Tyson, he almost could do no wrong.

So stop your s*** already. The act is old.

Hammer does seem to have almost a blind bias towards defensive minded players. I think he would take Bowen over Lebron.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006