Al Lopez's Ghost

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Arvia: I was there, and I saw ...

Thomas: And you're talking to me right now like I'm 40 years old. I'm not 40 years old. I'm 37. I'm in my prime.

You think about what Barry Bonds has done from the ages of 37 to 41. It shows you what a player 37 can do — 37 to 40 are your prime years. Baseball is a game, from the ages of 35 to 40, you know so much more.

I love Frank but he's lost touch with reality. No one is in their prime at 37, except for Bonds and that's due to steroids. Frank brings up Bonds because he's the only example he could possibly use. No roidless player is in their prime at 37, especially not after numerous injuries like Frank has had.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
Now I just hope he embarrasses himself in Oakland and fades out of baseball.  f*** you, Frank Thomas.  Just shut your mouth and hurt yourself again already.

Wow...after all that Frank did for this team with his bat and yet you have a Herbert Perry memorial in your sig. :headshake

Who cares if Frank has a big mouth?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
KW is not innocent in all of this, not by a long shot

Can you explain that to me? I mean, KW did what was best for the team, and if that makes him responsible, then I'm a bit confused.

Sure, it would have been nice to see Frank finish off his days in a White Sox uniform, but its not like Kenny had a choice. He had to let him go, because otherwise the team is down a roster spot in their attempts to repeat.

Edited by Felix

Frank Thomas is a 6'5" 300lbs woman.

"I mean, Robin (Ventura). Guys that could have been cornerstones forever in your organization. Alex Fernandez, Wilson Alvarez. It just continues. OK?"

I loved these three guys and was dissapointed to see them leave. But I do recall that none of them amounted to s*** after they left. So the Sox ultimately made the right decision letting them leave. You can add McDowell to that list.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
I really dont lose sleep over anything in sports, but I still care....

When asking me why? Because he has turned into a delusional prick that is taking unnecessary shots at the team I love.

Meh. Doesn't bother me. I'll just remember that he was the best hitter in the long history of our team and move on.

Nope, he's not bitter.

I said this when he was here, and I'll say it again. As a fan of the Big Hurt, he sure makes it hard to root for him sometimes. People who constantly complain about being disrespected usually don't deserve respect. Frank has done alot for this organization, and he's been paid handsomely for it.

He was my favorite player growing up, and I will continue to root for him. But I have little sympathy for a millionare ballplayer who feels as if he's continually slighted throughout his career and believes he should be treated differently than everybody else.

Because he has turned into a delusional prick that is taking unnecessary shots at the team I love.

Screw him, some of you guys need to get over the hatred. He's always been a prick, he was just a prick that was on the Sox and could be counted on for a 310/470/530 line in his prime.

Has he disrespected the organization? Yes. Is he delusional about things? Yes. Was he the best White Sox hitter of all team? Easily. All this wishing him injury and embarassment is just rolling in the mud with a pig. I hope Frank finishes his career strong and shuts his mouth. It's unlikely to happen, but I'm over caring strongly either way. I'm focused on the 2006 White Sox, and Frank isn't in those plans.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
I love Frank but he's lost touch with reality.  No one is in their prime at 37, except for Bonds and that's due to steroids.  Frank brings up Bonds because he's the only example he could possibly use.  No roidless player is in their prime at 37, especially not after numerous injuries like Frank has had.

So Frank should come out and say he doesn't think he is any good and is injury prone? Gimme a break.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
You obvisoulsy haven't either.

Touche'...

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
Meh.  Doesn't bother me.  I'll just remember that he was the best hitter in the long history of our team and move on.

:rolly