Bobby Jenks' entrance music

SSH2005

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
I cant remember which game it was, but Bobby came out to "The Game", and it was awesome. I have no idea who sings it, but it was/is HHH theme music(havent watched wrestling in years....)

They should stick with it, it was really coo..

Awesome idea. I love this song as an entrance. Jenks is the perfect fit.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
On the subject of "Seven Nation Army", I found out about Italian soccer fans co-opting the bass line as their chant. Then I made a new ringtone out of it for my phone.

Imagine the Cell alive with this when Bobby takes the mound.

That's great... I can imagine the Cell doing that chant as Bobby strolls in from the pen.

Edit: Here's the updated link, as the old one points to the wrong page..

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

1st post

I've always like the thought of a closer entering to an editted version of Def Leppard's Excitable off the Hysteria album.

I've always seen it like this.... As the guy leave the pen play the woman's scream from about 15 seconds into the song, continue with the thumping bass drum to get the fans clapping and the "Stand Up! Say YEAH! Stand Up! Stand Up! Say YEAH! Stand Up! Never go Down." mix that in with some of the "Excitable" chorus and you might have some energizing music.

Does anyone else think the chorus to System of a Down's "Revenga" would be perfect for the night after a loss?

On my sweet revenge

Will be yours, for the taking

It's in the making baby, aaaaahhh

My sweet revenge

Will be yours, for the taking

It's in the making baby, aaaaahhh

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Whoever said "Seven Nation Army" hit the nail on the head. There's just something about that first part that fits perfectly.

*bows*

I think that the selection should be more about the riffs and the melody than about the actual lyrics because at most it will get maybe a minute-90 seconds' worth of playing time from the time the bullpen gates open until play resumes. IMO, the riffs are infectious, the feeling is ominous, and the cadence lends itself well to a stroll out and some warmup tosses.

And I've got serious biases on the issue, but I think stuff like AC/DC and Metallica are every shade of played out. Angel Stadium uses "Thunderstruck" as gratuitously as they do at the Cell.

QUOTE(Darth Saluki @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
1st post

I've always like the thought of a closer entering to an editted version of Def Leppard's Excitable off the Hysteria album.

I've always seen it like this.... As the guy leave the pen play the woman's scream from about 15 seconds into the song, continue with the thumping bass drum to get the fans clapping and the "Stand Up! Say YEAH! Stand Up!    Stand Up! Say YEAH! Stand Up!  Never go Down." mix that in with some of the "Excitable" chorus and you might have some energizing music.

That'd be a pretty good one, too.

• 5 months later...