White Sox Acquire Infielder Alex Cintron

OfficerKarkovice

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
A lot of people around here were advocating bringing in Cintron to replace Uribe at SS last off season.  He may be good, but he's not that good.

I don't think anybody is claiming him to be "that good." But if you look at what he brings to the team, combined with what we gave up, it's a great move.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
I don't think anybody is claiming him to be "that good."  But if you look at what he brings to the team,  combined with what we gave up,  it's a great move.

Yes, It's a damn good move. But the fact remains that Cintron was on a lot of radars last off season, as the starting SS.

Excellent deal Kenny... Best of Luck Baj but atleast he will have a chance to make their staff. Just wondering if the Sox are getting concerned with Iguchi maybe and his possible "sophomore slump" as why they pulled this deal....

Edited by EvilJester99

Excellent deal Kenny... Best of Luck Baj but atleast he will have a chance to make their staff. Just wondering if the Sox are getting concerned with Iguchi maybe and his possible "sophomore slump" as why they pulled this deal....

Cintron can play SS, 2B, and 3B although 2B may be his best position. This gives us a lot more flexibility, that's for sure.

All I know is the Sunday lineup keeps looking better and better....Let's see the options Ozzie has now if he wants to give the regulars a day off:

1) Mackowiak LF/CF/RF for either Pods,Anderson or Dye

2) Cintron 2B/SS for either Gooch or Uribe

3) Ozuna 3B/LF for either Crede or Pods

and of course:

Widger for AJ behind the plate.

I likey :D

QUOTE(Allsox @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
All I know is the Sunday lineup keeps looking better and better....Let's see the options Ozzie has now if he wants to give the regulars a day off:

and of course:

I likey  :D

It's rare to see an american league team with a bench as good as ours. Usually the nl teams have the deeper benches.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
Now does this mean Cintron will replace Gooch after this year and have Uribe move over to second?

With Uribe's arm, he belongs on the left side of the infield. Almost no one else in baseball gets that last out in the world series.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)

and of course:

I likey  :D

Cintron also plays 3B, so does Mack. Borch will take an OF spot. Mack can also spell paulie or Thome at 1B

Effectively

Mack LF/RF/CF/3B/1B/2B Left handed bat

Cintron SS/2B/3B Switch Hitter

Ozuna 2b/SS/3B/LF Right Handed

Borch RF/LF Switch Hitter

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
Only guy I can think of is Furcal.

Same here. And I haven't seen Furcal enough to know which one is better (I will this year since he's in L.A.), but I feel pretty sure Uribe has better range.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Good Move.  Cintron is one of the best utility infielders in baseball.  Wonder if this means that Mackowiak is gonna be the starting CF.

Brian Anderson should at least get as long as Konerko and Dye had last year to figure things out with the bat. Talk to me at the end of June unless he can't catch the ball.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
yes and after that Iguchi is still only arbitration eligible.

Are you sure about that? At least with the Cubans, the Yankees keep putting that clause in which makes the team cut them if there's no contract signed to get around the 7 year arbitration period. I haven't a clue if we did the same thing with the Gooch, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Good Move.  Cintron is one of the best utility infielders in baseball.  Wonder if this means that Mackowiak is gonna be the starting CF.

I do not think so

This has to be a move to showing Gload or Borchard the door, and with the way Borchard has played, and with the apparent dislike the organization has for Gload, I would say it's Gload.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
And this is one of the reasons some of us can't stand you on this site.  Myself, and many others, are far from Sox homers.  However, I'm sick of you constantly stating how every single move the Red Sox make is the greatest transaction ever.  Also, if your cousin can't beat out Baj, then he doesn't deserve to make it to the big leagues (it's harsh, but it's true).  I find it hillarious that you bring up a player's contract.  Coming from a Red Sox fan, that's comical.

No one is saying Cintron's a superstar.  However, he's a very good bench player, and is versatile enough to fill in anywhere on the infield.

Are you out of your mind? Not one reference to the Red Sox and you come in with this bulls***. You are an absolute f***ing joke. It's hard to fathom how dumb you look with this post here.

The fact of the matter is alot of people were calling this deal a fleecing and that the White Sox will now trade Iguchi/Contreras for Pujols.

I simply pointed out that Cintron was making nearly two million dollars and the reason the deal was made is because the Diamondbacks didn't want to pay him, which contradicts some of the moves made by Kenny Williams this offseason.

And for the record, what Red Sox move did I state was the 'greatest transaction ever?' The Beckett deal? Not the greatest, but easily one of the best moves of the offseason in the opinion of many. The Renteria deal? The Loretta deal? The Crisp deal? Not paying Damon outrageous amounts of money? The Red Sox had an excellent offseason, but thats been discussed many a times and won't be discussed further.