OfficerKarkovice

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this is the end of Ozuna?

Mackowiak is a left-handed hitting infielder/outfielder

Gload is a left-handed hitting infielder/outfielder (sorta)

Borchard is a power switch-hitting outfielder

Cintron is a switch-hitting infielder

Ozuna is a right-handed hitting infielder/outfielder.

I'm not saying he's gone, but maybe they will keep Gload for his higher average? Should be interesting.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
I must say, this deal is highway robbery. Kudos to KW.

I wonder if KW went to Arizona brass and said, "Yeah, we got Javier Vazquez from you, but you got Chris Young."

From rotoworld earlier this year

Diamondbacks agreed to terms with shortstop Alex Cintron on a one-year, $1.6 million contract.

That seems like at least $200,000 too much. Adam Everett, who has as much service time as Cintron, only received $1.9 million. Since Cintron is viewed as a reserve by most of the league, this won't make him any easier to trade.

Think about how much our bench has improved from last year.

Timo and Willie have been replaced with Alex Cintron and Mack.

WOW, great job Kenny.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
It's real simple...the Sox don't have any true backups that can play a solid SS.  Ozuna can play there, but he's not exactly a wizard in the field.  Also, I think Mackowiak's going to get a lot of playing time in the outfield this season.

Exactly. Also, I feel more comfortable with Cintron filling in for Iguchi as well. We now have 3 bench player who can fill in on the entire field. Thats what you look for in bench players. Baj was worthless, straightest fastball I ever saw, pedestrian slider. Great fleecing by KW.

I think its pretty clear, Baj has never been highly thought of as a pitcher by the White Sox. He was lights out in AAA and not getting the call up. His horrid start this spring probably cemented KW and Co.'s opinion that he is a career minor leaguer. Good luck to him. I think the Sox are going to trade for bullpen help. They really need it.

This trade is great. Gives us another flexible player (switch hitter, multiple position player). You're bench can never have enough flexibility and right now our bench has (Ozuna, Mack, Cintron, Widger and possibly Borch) That is two switch hitters, a lefty and a righty.

Plus for all of the Baj supporters, this gives him a great chance to make their bullpen. He won't be behind a Hermanson, Politte and Jenks in Arizona. Good luck to Baj.

Great trade KW!

This trade makes me overall happy. For the Baj lovers he will finally get his chance in the big leagues and i wish him the best of luck.... ill root for him like he is on the whitesox whenevr i see him.

For us it gives the sox another great bench player and basicly ends Gload's time here. Now im pretty sure Borchard gets the last spot who I was rooting for anyways over Gload.