I am Finally back..

T R U

Man, finally I am back. First though, I shall tell you the story of why I was exiled from this board..

I got suspended 10 months ago for a personal attack on a poster that I dont think anyone in this world likes, (Dougly), and not being able to read the board because of that I had to reset all my cookies to view it. Well, I dont know if any of you have ever realized how much it sucks seeing something that you just HAVE to say something about and not being able to. Well I got back on the first name I ever had on this board and started making a few posts here and there, tryin to keep it down, and got caught. Which was about 2 months or so after the suspension, which led to the ban, which has lasted since that time till now.

Now that I got out why I was banned in the first place. (Tryin to avoid all the "What did you do?" questions.) I just wanna say that I know it was a mistake to do that and I should have just waited out the suspension, but, im the kind of person who sees something they have to let their opinion out about and I gotta do it now. It was the wrong desicion and I paid for it. I have a lot of people that I am friends with now over the internet because of this site, people that I talk to at least everyday on AIM who I wouldnt even KNOW if I didnt ever come to this site. It sucked having to read the board the past few months and just feeling crappy cause you cant post on it. Even though I could have just made a new name and posted if I wanted to, it wouldnt be the same if I had to hide and pretend to be someone else and not get to discuss things about how I really felt so people wouldnt know who I was. I had talked to Jason about being let back on and everytime I did I felt bad like I was bothering him and eventually I just gave up because I didnt wanna feel I was annoying him about it. I am just glad that I was given another chance.

Now I know that there are people on the board who dont like me, and thats fine, cuz I know im a jackass. Sometimes. And it would have probably been easy for them to say "f*** that I dont want him back on here." and that would have been the end of that but obviously they could put that aside and let me have another chance and thats also something else that I am appreciative for in this whole process. Im seriously not the type of person who is out to just piss everyone off and cause problems. I dont even think I was that bad of a poster, seriously I wasnt even aware so many people hated my ass haha. Either way, not being able to post on here for almost a year sucked, its not really something that I want to experiance again. I know I am now on Soxtalk Parole, but you dont really need to worry im not gonna be a douche.

I just want to get back to postin on the board and talking with my friends like I had been doin from early 2003 till late 2005 before I f***ed it up and got the boot. Im not gonna let that happen again.

So again, thanks to those who made it possible for me to come back (Jason, Kalapse, and Whichever Admins decided that they could tolerate me one more time.) I do appreciate it and I am happy that I am now back.

Thanks,

Carl

I just want to first off say welcome back.

Secondly I want to say that TRU stepped up. He was originally banned for coming back on this site and creating a name while he was suspended. Since being banned he has not tried to come back around and try to sneak back onto the site. Instead he patiently waited, every once in a while contacting me and asking if there was any way he could eventually get back on.

Just this past day I got a PM from another member and than talked to TRU about the whole situation. The key was that instead of going around, TRU and another member took the initiative to contact us and try to go about getting back on the site the proper way.

TRU was a good poster on this site, who maybe had some flaws, but he also knows sports and has a passion for the Sox and sports in general. With that, I want people to understand that he was let back in for following the rules of his banning and we respected that and are willing to grant him another opportunity.

Welcome back :drink

I also just wanted to throw in another two cents here...

Realize that it takes something to get banned from here. We don't just throw people out for no reason, but at the sametime sometimes we have to take a stand for one reason or another. We also know that people change, grow up, mature etc. As a group, we the admins much prefer to talk to people directly about reinstating people, and recently we have also made the decesion to give Jabroni another chance on here as well. One way to make sure that you won't be allowed to post here is to inflame a suspension/banning, by making up a fake name and continuing to post anyway. Usually we figure it out quickly, and if not, someone on here always seems to figure it out and point out who the poster really is. All that does is ensure it will be a lot longer before we consider letting that poster return, vs just biding your time, being a man, and owning up to the punishment for your actions.

What it comes down to is that we believe that both Jabs and TRU can be solid contributing posters to Soxtalk. We appreciate the way they both approached us as adults and we decided to give them another chance. We also would appreciate it if fellow posters respected them, and didn't drag them into senseless arguements based on prior histories. We as admins are trying to give them a clear slate with the understanding that this is a second chance, and we would appreciate it if everyone else would do the same courtesy to them. These guys also know if problems begin to arise of their own causation, that second chance will be over. But at the sametime, if we see people starting problems with them for no reason, we are going to stop those people from starting problems as well.

My hope is that this is the last you ever hear of this, and these guys melt right back in like nothing ever happened. Thanks for your help and patience with this, and as always if you have any concerns, questions, or comments, feel free to either post them or PM/email any of us.

Thanks again, Mike

Welcome back!

I can only imagine what it feels to see your favorite baseball team win the World Series and not being able to post in this message board. But the team we have this season is built to repeat and hopefully every Sox fan will be together to celebrate.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Welcome back!

I can only imagine what it feels to see your favorite baseball team win the World Series and not being able to post in this message board. But the team we have this season is built to repeat and hopefully every Sox fan will be together to celebrate.

No kidding, It sucked

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
TRu welcome back.  If we are not making 2 hour trades in ootp , we can  argue on this board!  :cheers

haha, damn man, who spends from 2:03 AM to 3:55 AM going back on forth to hammer out a deal for an OOTP league?

You damn right, we do

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Welcome back tru, good to have another phins fan around.

Oh man I was waiting to get back so we could celebrate when we either sign Brees or trade for Culpepper..

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
I'm hoping man, that'd make my day, that's for sure.

Were getting one of them, thats for sure. If Brees isnt signed by tomorrow I am almost 100% they are trading for Culpepper.. We cant lose

EDIT: We just signed Sedrick Hodge (OLB) and Andre Goodman (CB) to very cheap deals.. Hodge will replace Seau and Goodman is a good against the run, prolly gonna be a Nickle or Dime back with Daniels still here and Poole coming off injury..

EDIT #2: Oh yeah, and Brees is out to dinner with Saban as we speak.. Hopefully he signs and is the new face of the Dolphins for the next 5-7 years!!!!

Edited by T R U