Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
Personally I don't mind the Indians fan if he talks baseball.  To me that means talking baseball, not cheerleading, because that will agitate people.  The other thing is, half of his posts were defending himself, tweaking Abe Froman, and insisting he wasn't here to start trouble.

He should just talk baseball and ignore the potshots ... ha ... like this one I guess.

:bang

Yeah, I had no problem with him analyzing the game. But when he starts cheerleading for Boone to go 5-5, etc....that's when it becomes lame and has no place on this WHITE SOX board.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Yeah, I had no problem with him analyzing the game.  But when he starts cheerleading for Boone to go 5-5, etc....that's when it becomes lame and has no place on this WHITE SOX board.

my feelings were just that he did very little analysis on the game, the ilne that relaly got me was...."pretty nice box score for the indians...everyone has at least 1 hit"

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
Personally I don't mind the Indians fan if he talks baseball.  To me that means talking baseball, not cheerleading, because that will agitate people.  The other thing is, half of his posts were defending himself, tweaking Abe Froman, and insisting he wasn't here to start trouble.

He should just talk baseball and ignore the potshots ... ha ... like this one I guess.

:bang

The potshots got to be a bit too much though. It was driven into the ground by a couple posters, just because they're upset by the game today. Just ignore the Indians fan, if he's that annoying to you.

SoxTalk's obviously a White Sox-dominated website, but we've never discouraged fans of other teams to post here.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
The CSN gun clocked Jenks's highs at somewhere in the 92-93 range, think I saw 1 95 on the screen.  I thought Hawk & DJ said something different though.

The gun was definitely slow today... Aside from Garcia,

Logan was reading in the mid 80's after throwing 90 and above in ST.

Cotts never topped 88 despite throwing 91 during ST

Jenks first pitch registered 89, but Hawk and DJ said it was 95.

The gun was f***ed. Still I thought Garcia looked bad.

my feelings were just that he did very little analysis on the game

Yes, I agree.

Personally I think his motivation is what he mentioned ... 10 White Sox fans signed up at his site and he is returning the "favor".

We used to have a Visitors Corner or something like that, not sure what happened to that, I guess no one used it. I don't get it, the last place I'd want to talk baseball is on some other team's board. I might read it to learn about their players, but that's it. Other than that it just turns into aggravation and pissing matches.

The potshots got to be a bit too much though.  It was driven into the ground by a couple posters, just because they're upset by the game today.  Just ignore the Indians fan, if he's that annoying to you. 

SoxTalk's obviously a White Sox-dominated website, but we've never discouraged fans of other teams to post here.

There'll be about 50 White Sox fans in the game thread that'll have to ignore him then. Very noble to invite other teams fans and it should be open to everyone but if he were smart he'd just ignore the inevitable razzing and just talk baseball and lay off the cheerleading.

He didn't.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
lol.

His wife is the biggest whore wife in baseball though, no contest even if Anna Benson gets married again.

She's withdrawn the divorce petition from court...so she's still married to Kris.

Your title says it all. I do get a good laugh thinking about what the players might say if the read some of the posts. They could get quite a laugh from it. Freddy had a bad day. They all will. Buerhle could have given up this many if he kept going.

I'm not surprised though. I think we all knew it would be like this.

There's a difference between a pitcher having a bad day and a pitcher throwing only 85 to 89 MPH when he usually works in the low 90's. Don't you understand that? How are people being completely pessimistic when one of our starter's velocity is way down? People are just concerned.

Unless, of course, you know the exact reason that Freddy was only throwing in the mid to high 80's? Do you?

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Just got home, but I was following the game pretty much the whole time... Didn't look like Freddy did too good at all...

Any comments on our pitchers?

Freddy's fastball was concerning in terms of how slow it was. Everybody else was bleh, Logan wasn't too bad at least I guess. Jenks seems to continue to gradually improve at least.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
There's a difference between a pitcher having a bad day and a pitcher throwing only 85 to 89 MPH when he usually works in the low 90's.  Don't you understand that?  How are people being completely pessimistic when one of our starter's velocity is way down?  People are just concerned.

Unless, of course, you know the exact reason that Freddy was only throwing in the mid to high 80's?  Do you?

Exactly. If Freddy was throwing 92 or 93 today and got hit hard, I'd just say whatever he had a bad day. But when he gets smoked and has nothing on the heater, that's what is the concern point.