Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indians really look great today.. Playing to their FULL Potential.

Jake Westbrook sinker looked to be doing wonders on the Sox... Thome looks solid at the plate.

If Indians finish this out, looks like a good one tomorrow.

BYRD-CONTRERAS???

or LEE-CONTRERAS?

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
Our pitching today, besides Boone for an inning, just plain sucked. It's early, and i for one am not worried yet

good point, i just really hope we can pull out this series, maybe we just used up all of our hitting last game, and paulie hasnt quite showed up to the plate yet

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
um leave please

Uh.. as far as I know, fans of other teams are allowed to post here, especially ones that are respectful (like this guy has shown in previous posts)

Just my thoughts though.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)

Jake Westbrook sinker looked to be doing wonders on the Sox... Thome looks solid at the plate.

BYRD-CONTRERAS???

or LEE-CONTRERAS?

any team would have looked really good today against the Sox.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Uh.. as far as I know, fans of other teams are allowed to post here, especially ones that are respectful (like this guy has shown in previous posts)

Just my thoughts though.

Exactly, unless the guy is trolling leave him alone.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)

BYRD-CONTRERAS???

or LEE-CONTRERAS?

i would very quickly post as much as you can... because you won't be here much longer

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
What am I doing wrong. I come in PEACE. I am not a troll. I am here to talk baseball. Why can't I?

I even mentioned THOME looks solid....

Nevertheless, 8-2.....

So what is that pitching matchup???

As far as I know, its Cliff Lee against Jose Contreras.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
What am I doing wrong. I come in PEACE. I am not a troll. I am here to talk baseball. Why can't I?

I even mentioned THOME looks solid....

Nevertheless, 8-2.....

So what is that pitching matchup???

sowers sat behind me last semester in class

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)

BYRD-CONTRERAS???

or LEE-CONTRERAS?

14 LOB, the Indians should have about 15 runs with all those guys on base. Westbrook and Boone were the only two that played well.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)

BYRD-CONTRERAS???

or LEE-CONTRERAS?

not gonna lie but hes right, should be lee contreras tomorrow

i expected us to do well against westbrook we faired well against him last year, lee will but a tough matchup but we will see its a new yr

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
Not to get into the pissing match with the Indian fan who is doing nothing wrong, how'd we score.

Jim Thome solo shot and AJP scored from third on a Rob Mackowiak fielders choice.

Hey Tribe:

Don't sweat it; I don't mind seeing other fans here. Yup, you're kicking our ass today.

I have a feeling we'll be going back-and-forth on this all season. Unless somehow Minnesota wakes up and gets right back into it.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
not gonna lie but hes right, should be lee contreras tomorrow

i expected us to do well against westbrook we faired well against him last year, lee will but a tough matchup but we will see its a new yr

yeah, hes right, but who comes to an all sox site, flashes all tribe stuff, and posts about it? anytime someone comes in and says looks like the indians are playing to their FULL potential...yea sure im gonna get a little pissed...but if you guys wanna say hes fine go ahead

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)

Just my thoughts though.

But when you register in the late innings of a game your out-of-town team is pounding the sox and then subsequently post about how great the indians look, it creates a presumption that you are here for trolling purposes.

Thanks to the support from the true fans seeing I am doing nothing wrong, take note: AbeFroman

Tribe Box Score looks nice, everyone with a hit.... Boone and Blake, 8-9, are 8 for 8 on base today. Boone is a triple away from the cycle....

Tomorrow's pitching matchup sounds fantastic... I am excited!

Edited by GoTribe

I hate facing sinkerballers like Westbrook. If they keep the ball down like Westbrook did today, you have little chance to score more than 2 or 3 runs, no matter who you are.

And tomorrow should be Lee vs. Count. Should be a good matchup. The thing that sucks about this series is we don't get to face the 4 or 5 of Cleveland in Byrd and Johnson, who IMO are why we will win the division and Cleveland won't.