Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
LOL. Yah. It's like clockwork. This team deserves better.

Here's the question I have: what are people doing so bad on here that some are talking down to? I haven't seen much besides for complaining about Garcia....who deserves criticism for his effort today.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
Here's the question I have:  what are people doing so bad on here that some are talking down to?  I haven't seen much besides for complaining about Garcia....who deserves criticism for his effort today.

Your title says it all. I do get a good laugh thinking about what the players might say if the read some of the posts. They could get quite a laugh from it. Freddy had a bad day. They all will. Buerhle could have given up this many if he kept going.

I'm not surprised though. I think we all knew it would be like this.

Remember the mantra from last year, guys?

At least it was with my little group: just win the series and we'll be fine.

First half, last year, we did that like clockwork. We'd take those two out of three. Usually it would be the first two and Ozzie would put in the bench for game three it we were up 2-0. That's all you need to worry about.

If we lose today, then take it tomorrow. That series-win mentality got us there last year, no reason it shouldn't this year as well. And those of you expecting that pretty, pretty start like last year--well even I know that's never gonna happen again anytime soon.

Now step off the damn ledge already...

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Your title says it all. I do get a good laugh thinking about what the players might say if the read some of the posts. They could get quite a laugh from it. Freddy had a bad day. They all will. Buerhle could have given up this many if he kept going.

I'm not surprised though. I think we all knew it would be like this.

Considering that DJ was as critical of Garcia as anyone on here, I don't know what you were expecting people to say about him. I would guess that every person in the organization wants to know what's going on with Garcia's arm right now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
I don't understand how everybody is panicking.  Other than Freddy's lack of velocity, I don't see much to be concerned about this game and don't see anybody panicking.  Apparently we should all be overjoyed with being down by half a dozen.

A pitcher coming out 5 mph short for an outing to start off the year is a reason for concern, if not panic. What happens if Freddy takes another week to get his velocity back? A month? 2 months?

Clearly, if he can't push 90+, he'll struggle to get people out, so we should at least wonder where those few MPH went IMO.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
Remember the mantra from last year, guys?

At least it was with my little group: just win the series and we'll be fine.

First half, last year, we did that like clockwork.  We'd take those two out of three.  Usually it would be the first two and Ozzie would put in the bench for game three it we were up 2-0.  That's all you need to worry about.

If we lose today, then take it tomorrow.  That series-win mentality got us there last year, no reason it shouldn't this year as well.  And those of you expecting that pretty, pretty start like last year--well even I know that's never gonna happen again anytime soon.

Now step off the damn ledge already...

Solid post. You would figure people would finally understand that the baseball season is a long one after a year like 2005, and that would result in finding that medium of not being too reactionary either way. However, it seems some people have just gotten more foolish.

I guess I'll just have to live outside of the hell hole that is the game threads again.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
Is anyone else stuck at work listening to this disaster of a radio broadcast

I am and to have this crap for a broadcast in what is considered a major media market is a disgrace-but so consistant with the diahreeah that comes out of 670 every day

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
Whoa, Westbrook sending a message there....or trying to at least.

nothin wrong with what he did right there....just gettin thome to move his feet a bit