Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

Whether you want to believe that GoTribe was just "analyzing" the game or not, his posts were sufficiently inflamatory and cheerleader-esqe to upset a several people.

I'm going to go ahead and put him on my ignore list. But I doubt that so many people would have objected if his comments had been generally constructive, time appropriate, or even-handed

About the only reason I would visit another team's site would be to ask for information on that team. For example, I don't get to see San Diego play much, so if I wanted to hear something about Chris Young I would go ahead and ask those most informed on the site. I'm pretty sure that rooting for your guy to go 5/5 in a game that is already decided is hardly the constructive posting that we would hope for.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
There's a difference between a pitcher having a bad day and a pitcher throwing only 85 to 89 MPH when he usually works in the low 90's.  Don't you understand that?  How are people being completely pessimistic when one of our starter's velocity is way down?

Unless of course, you know the exact reason that Freddy was only throwing in the mid to high 80's?

It'll be a problem if he's still throwing 85-89 a month and a half from now.

It'll be a problem if he's still throwing 85-89 a month and a half from now.

Agreed.

A caller on The Score just said that he's worried about Freddy's velocity and how he was only throwing 85-89 MPH today. So it's not just posters at this site that are concerned.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Oh yeah I forgot...how the f*** did we let Aaron Boone kill us?

Yeah, Farmer mentioned he's a first ball fastball swinger so the Sox pitchers didn't do a good job with Boone....

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
Can anybody keep me from reading 45 pages, and tell me if there is a reason why Pods & Iguchi did not play today?

:stupid i turned on da score @ 2:45

Anyways, people dont freak out too much. losses are going to come, but so will many many wins. fact of the matter is Freddy was off today and Jake Westbook was clickin. damn, whyd i d rop him from my Fantasy team?!

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
Can anybody keep me from reading 45 pages, and tell me if there is a reason why Pods & Iguchi did not play today?

You're going to have to ask Pods for the answer to that one. I, for one, wouldn't mind him getting on base once in a while.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
You're going to have to ask Pods for the answer to that one. I, for one, wouldn't mind him getting on base once in a while.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Not even that he isn't getting a hit he just looks strange at the plate.

Edited by WHarris1

I apologize for those who I may have hurt by talking tribe during the game.. I want to make myself feel welcome like I do my members.

I want to talk games with you when we're playing, I just don't see whats wrong about me supporting the Indians when they do well.

Nevertheless if I did tick anyone off, it will stop, I will stick to talking the games.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)

But he's our catalyst :P When he starts reaching base, I don't want to see him run if he's not healthy. No reason to give away outs with the power we have at 3-4-5.

We pummled the Tribe in Game One and they do us back in Game 2. Oh well, I think the sky is falling. We are done for the year. Konerko isn't hitting and has 2 GIDP's in 2 games and Pods ain't got no hits or SB's. What's up with that?

Let's get them on Wed. I do wonder why we insist on leaving a pitcher in for 4 innings when he ain't got it though? Early in the season or not I don't understand the reluctance to go to the bullpen before 7 runs are given up.