Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
This is actually very good for the White Sox, to get their ass kicked on Game 2.

It wakes them up.  The big win on Opening Day and then the feel-good ring ceremony would leave most teams a little self satisfied.

Nice K there by Cotts.

I also think it might motivate Garcia to step up his effort on the mound.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
So am I.  Just win tomorrow and win the series.  If you win 2 outta 3 all year you start 100-50 after all.  I just wish Freddy hadn't thrown an 88 mph fastball today, and I moreso wish Hawk and DJ weren't talking about how he's pitching with cunning and guile this year.

Trust me when I say that DJ and Hawk aren't fans of this new approach.

Rough game for the good guys so far, hopefully can get some runs here and make it interesting.

Failing that however, the name of the game is the same as it was last year... win 2 out of 3, 3 out of 4... win the series, especially against teams inside the division. Here's hoping Count comes out tomorrow with good control looking like he did in the 2nd half last year.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
i just disagree, i just dont see the sox being 1-1 better in the long run than the sox being 2-0

The loss will make them "want it more", and realize they aren't unbeatable. I'm not sure if you believe in intangibles, but it could give them a wakeup call.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
The loss will make them "want it more", and realize they aren't unbeatable.  I'm not sure if you believe in intangibles, but it could give them a wakeup call.

i understand your point, i just have a diff perspective....i dont think the sox were "sleeping" which would necessitate a wake up call. just my opinion, not sayin you are wrong

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
It's a good thing Pods didn't need that many spring training ABs to get into shape. I don't know where we'd be without him.

I got game 2 WS flashbacks on that throw he made early in the game. That guy shoulda been out by 15 feet, damn noodle arm. We need him to be healthy and stealing bases and on base though, it makes a difference big time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
I hope the coast guard is on duty if the Sox lose tomorrow.  There's a lot of people that seem to think we're in the playoffs right now.

I don't know why anybody would think that considering we play in the best division in baseball. It will be much harder to get to October this year than it was last year.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
Betancourt looks good.. Bullpen so far is good.. As a tribe fan, I WANT This to carry over from last year.

Thank God, No Wickman so far for my weekly Heart Attack lol!

today your bullpen looks good, last game cabrera struggled and graves even though he didnt allow any runs made a stupid throw and was wild, i think both our teams bullpens are in the same position

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
I don't know why anybody would think that considering we play in the best division in baseball.  It will be much harder to get to October this year than it was last year.

By that, I meant that all I'm hearing is people saying how we have to win tomorrow so that we win this series. Sure, that would be great. However, our season won't be over if we go 1 and 2 in the first 3 games of the season.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Betancourt looks good.. Bullpen so far is good.. As a tribe fan, I WANT This to carry over from last year.

Thank God, No Wickman so far for my weekly Heart Attack lol!

Nothing personal at you...but Betancourt is in and I forgot to do this...

"Steroids....steroids...steroids...steroids...steroids..."