Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
rightfully so? rob is not even 1/2 the defensive outfielder that BA is.

... and anderson is gonna be vastly overated in the field this year. He takes both bad reads and routs... while he has jumps and speed to recover. He is far from the full package out there (defensively)

Edited by q\/\/3r+y

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
Cintron is the only guy at the plate I'm concerned about right now.  He looks quite lost, although Westbrook is throwing a very good game today.

He hasn't seen many sinkers like what Westbrook is throwing today. I would have liked to see Iguchi play against a pitcher he has familiarity with, but it likely didn't make a difference today.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
How far was Thome's?  to right field?

Longer than the one he hit Sunday, probably about 450 feet. With that said, I bet the measurement will end up being about 415 since those measurements are so screwed up. Ball landed about 4 rows from the top out in right center, probably straight up from where the 375 sign is in right center.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Well...the problem I see is...if we do lose this game, the Tigers will be 1-0 and the White Sox will be 1-1...so for the first time since the last day of 2004, the White Sox will be 1/2 game out of first place in the Central.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
... and anderson is gonna be vastly overated in the field this year. He takes both bad reads and routs... while he has jumps and speed to recover. He is far from the full package out there (defensively)

BA's not gonna win a gold glove. but he's leaps and bounds above rob

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)

No he's not, he can get to any ball. He has amazing range and gets some of the best jumps around, the only person who's maybe better than him in CF is Eric Kotsay who happens to be the best defensive CF of his era.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)

Complete opposite of Rowand, who had good reads and routs, but didn't get great jumps or have great speed. :lol:

im not sure how we can all be such masters on anderson and mackowiaks defense...i for one cant make any judgement on them, since ive seen em both play like 6 games each at their position

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
Glad to see it took one game and a few innings before the lemmings lined up to be the first to jump off of the Hancock again...

LOL. Yah. It's like clockwork. This team deserves better.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
LOL. Yah. It's like clockwork. This team deserves better.

I don't know. I'm seeing a lot more people saying that it is only the 2nd game of the year and that we have a ways to go. :huh