AL Central Central

greasywheels121

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
$$$$$$

yea but to KC? i mean i'm sure i would think twice about the situation of the money as well, but it aint like he gettin paid a-rod money, hell he aint gettin konerko money

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
My Tigers already up 8-0 on KC.

Justin Verlander is straight up filthy. Going on 15 scoreless innings (ERA is now 2.79) and kid was hitting 99 with ease on the gun in the 7th inning. He has absolutely unreal stuff....for anyone let alone a rookie. The only question is how many innings does his arm have in it this year. I don't think he's pitched many more than around 120 or so.

Edited by JackTalkThai

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
Justin Verlander is straight up filthy. Going on 15 scoreless innings (ERA is now 2.79) and kid was hitting 99 with ease on the gun in the 7th inning. He has absolutely unreal stuff....for anyone let alone a rookie. The only question is how many innings does his arm have in it this year. I don't think he's pitched many more than around 120 or so.

He pitched right around 130 innings last year, so yes, in the second half, you're going to have to tell us how Verlander adjusts when he gets to 125 IP on the season. I'm not saying he won't adjust, but it'll be interesting to see how much (if at all) of a toll the longer season will take on his arm.

He has the easiest heat in the majors. I mean, with absolutely no effort, the guy is a legit 97, 98. This division has some arms coming up that'll make teams all around the league cry -- McCarthy, Liriano, Verlander -- not to mention the already established guys like Contreras, Santana, etc etc.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)

Him and Bonderman are studs in the making. They got Zumaya who should develop into something special in the pen, Maroth IS solid (despite what people on ST think) and Rogers is still a crafty vet.

Robertson is pitching way over his head as is most of there bullpen.

Just because some people think they can do no wrong....

B.J. Garbe, who is one of the biggest draft busts in Twins history, retired over the weekend. A toolsy high-school outfielder from Washington who was the fifth overall pick in the 1999 draft, at no point did Garbe ever resemble a quality prospect after a decent 41-game stint at rookie-ball to begin his pro career.

Garbe went on to post OPS totals of .636, .597, .619, .508, and .561 in five full-season stops in the Twins system, spending two seasons at both Single-A Fort Myers and Double-A New Britain. After hitting .201/.283/.278 in his second year at Double-A in 2004, the Twins traded him to the Mariners for 41-year-old backup catcher Pat Borders in September.

Garbe hit .275/.335/.426 as Single-A roster filler in 2005 and then latched on with the Marlins' Double-A team this season. Still just 25 years old, Garbe finishes his eight-year pro career with a .235 batting average in 722 games and is the middle man in a three-year run of top-10 picks (Ryan Mills in 1998, Garbe in 1999, Adam Johnson in 2000) that provided the Twins with zero value.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
Him and Bonderman are studs in the making. They got Zumaya who should develop into something special in the pen, Maroth IS solid (despite what people on ST think) and Rogers is still a crafty vet.

Robertson is pitching way over his head as is most of there bullpen.

Verlander is great, but how many innings has he thrown in a season? I think we'll see him begin to fade in August. Their working him late into games and that's going to catch up with him over time, he's too young.

EDIT: never mind, just read this up above. my bad.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
It's 6-0 Royals over the Tigers in the first inning. :angry: Mike Maroth felt pain in his pitching elbow but started anyway and it's obvious he shouldn't have by the .1 IP, 6 ER, 3 HR stat line.

Wow. 6 runs on 7 hits in the 1st inning for the Royals. Too bad they will probably lose 11-7.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 26, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
tonight pitching matchup between the Mariners and Twins

King Felix -vs- Liriano

I have both of them starting tonight. Hopefully it's a nice 1-0 game where Seattle wins and Putz gets the save (And that's nothing against you Jim). And as you can tell, I have a pretty patched up pitching staff.

no offense taken.

they are delaying the start time for tonights game because the Governor is have the Stadium Bill singing at the game tonight

and the Twins are giving away voucher for free hotdogs and sodas

they should of taken that money for consessions and bought a decent bat in the off season!