AL Central Central

greasywheels121

Holy Jesus. They just said on the radio that Zumaya hit 103 mph on the radar in the top of the 8th.

Now I know the in-stadium radar guns aren't calibrated frequently....but damn. :huh:

That 21 year old has an absolutely insane arm.

Edited by JackTalkThai

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
Holy Jesus. They just said on the radio that Zumaya hit 103 mph on the radar in the top of the 8th.

Now I know the in-stadium radar guns aren't calibrated frequently....but damn. :huh:

That 21 year old has an absolutely insane arm.

Bobby Jenks accomplished that last year in Seattle, he hit 103 in the bottom of the ninth right before giving up a double down the right field line.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
Bobby Jenks accomplished that last year in Seattle, he hit 103 in the bottom of the ninth right before giving up a double down the right field line.

I'm pretty sure Bobby hit 102 last year in Seattle, but they say he's hit 103 in the past while playing in Puerto Rico.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
The Tigers are getting some fine pitching. I'm starting to think these guys might be for real.

you get fine pitching, because the Twins late in the swing at every first pitch

its like they wanted to get the game over fast

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
you get fine pitching, because the Twins late in the swing at every first pitch

its like they wanted to get the game over fast

I thought the Twins were finally playing well? Or was that just some crack pot internet rumor? :huh:

Possible Twins rotation change.

A coworker called on this. According to KFAN Radio In Minny. So until its in print take it with a grain of salt.

Lohse has been demoted to AAA, and some guy named Boof Bonser to start against the Brewers on Sunday.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
Possible Twins rotation change.

A coworker called on this. According to KFAN Radio In Minny. So until its in print take it with a grain of salt.

Lohse has been demoted to AAA, and some guy named Boof Bonser to start against the Brewers on Sunday.

Finally, this move makes total sense and I'd be surprised if they didn't callup Boof. Just more proof that AJ Pierzynski was involved in the worst trade in major league history.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
Finally, this move makes total sense and I'd be surprised if they didn't callup Boof. Just more proof that AJ Pierzynski was involved in the worst trade in major league history.

I am surprised they didnt move Lohse to the bullpen. I know he had a tirade the other night. But he has a decent salary and you want to keep his trade value intact, because someone will want him. As crazy as that sounds.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
not at all

I am fed up with Lohse. I would trade him for a rosin bag right now

Yes but the question is, whould the Twins' brass do the same after giving him that ridiculous contract?

well, the Twins didnt really want give him $4mil

they went to arbritration, and the judge ruled the Lohse is a 4 million dollar pitcher

Lohse got pulled from the game last night mid inning, and instead of cheering on his replacement on the bench, he stormed into the lockerroom, which is a no-no in pitching coach Rick Anderson's book.

Last year, he got pulled from a game and punched the managers door to his office, hurting his hand

So, it wouldnt surprise me if something is done soon about Lohse

Twins optioned RHP Kyle Lohse to Triple-A Rochester.

It's about time the Twins did something aggressive. Lohse was 2-4 with an 8.92 ERA in eight starts. He should return later on and be an adequate fourth or fifth starter, but this is the best move for the ballclub. Boof Bonser will replace him in the rotation and start Sunday against the Brewers.

Twins recalled RHP Boof Bonser from Triple-A Rochester.

A less stingy team would have called up a reliever until Bonser was needed to start Sunday's game. Bonser will join the Minnesota rotation after going 3-2 with a 2.01 ERA, 33 H and 47/20 K/BB in 49 1/3 IP for Rochester. Using him right away in AL-only leagues would be a risky strategy, but he is worth stashing away. He's probably a long-term fifth starter at best. May. 17 - 5:00 pm et