AL Central Central

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 10, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
Gotta be careful with that...

I know the Tribe just lost two in a row to the Royals, but they have a whole week of playing the Royals and Pirates at home coming up.

Which is exactly why it's great news we have 7 on them at the moment.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Twins -Rangers tied at 1 in the bottom of 5

--

I have a Sox question... why, when Conteras went on the DL, didnt you slide over McCarthy to the rotation. I heard on the radio that you guys called up a knuckleballer

No need to mess around with Brandon for one or two starts and then throw him back in the bullpen. He's also too valuable to our pen to put him in the rotation right now.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 10, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Twins -Rangers tied at 1 in the bottom of 5

--

I have a Sox question... why, when Conteras went on the DL, didnt you slide over McCarthy to the rotation. I heard on the radio that you guys called up a knuckleballer

Correct. I just think it's because McCarthy's been doing the every other day, bullpen appearances. It's got to be a whole different routine from what he's used to. I still see him possibly starting a couple times this season, but it seems they prefer to start the season with a role and maintain it.

Here's something in today's Sun-Times about it:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-soxnt10.html

For now, Brandon McCarthy doesn't mind being in a holding pattern.

The right-handed reliever was explained the situation concerning the call-up of rookie starter Charlie Haeger to take the spot of injured pitcher Jose Contreras, and now McCarthy waits to see if his role will change in the next few weeks.

The White Sox' immediate plan is to pitch Haeger tonight, and if the knuckleballer scuffles, possibly go with McCarthy on May 15 at Minnesota. That leaves McCarthy just under a week to get stretched out and build his arm strength enough where he could be ready if called upon.

"We're not really going to go into that until we know that's an option,'' McCarthy said. "Until then, a lot of it is on me to throw a couple extra pitches here and there.''

Right now, he thinks he's capable of a 60-pitch outing, max.

"If I was to do a real efficient job that would get me about five or just a bad two or three [innings],'' McCarthy said. "You never know.''

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Back to knotted at 5-5.

And that hard hitting Paul Bako makes it 6-5 K.C.

8-5 on a 2 run Kerry Robinson triple off of Mota.

With the way the sox owned Kerry Robinson over the past series, its hard for me to believe that the guy can actually get a hit. They had him all kinds of confused at the plate

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 10, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Wow does Mota suck.

After Cleveland came back to tie it, he just gave up HRs to Guiel and Berroa.

It's 10-8 KC, bottom 8th.

He hasnt been the same since he ran into the dugout away from Piazza