AL Central Central

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
Paul Konerko (May 5th 2005) -- .190/.302/.430 -- To think some people here thought he would match his 40/117 performance from '04.

Jermaine Dye (May 13th 2005) -- .192/.230/.358 -- To think some people here thought he could replace Maggs.

/me thinks its a little early to be tossing around the "to thinks"

Not when we're are talking about a 30 year old career bench player.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
Paul Konerko (May 5th 2005) -- .190/.302/.430 -- To think some people here thought he would match his 40/117 performance from '04.

Jermaine Dye (May 13th 2005) -- .192/.230/.358 -- To think some people here thought he could replace Maggs.

/me thinks its a little early to be tossing around the "to thinks"

Michaels is IMHO a little bit better than Mackowiak.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Jason Michaels watch: .243/.300/.270  3 RBI's.  To think, some people here thought he would be able to reproduce his Philly numbers over a full season.

Whoa, and such a big sample size too!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
Yup, 79 ABs is certainly enough to get a good read on a guy.

Especially when he's hitting in a new ballpark and everything.

Of course I suppose we saying the same thing about Jermaine Dye midway thru May last year weren't we. :)

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
Tribe are now .500

Before the start of the season, the #1 question mark I had on the Tribe was their bullpen. It was always going to be hard for them to replace the output Howry, Rhodes and Riske had for them last season.

And they've been lucky Mota's done the job for them so far. But the other guys haven't pulled their weight. And it shows how important a good bullpen is for a winning ballclub.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
Before the start of the season, the #1 question mark I had on the Tribe was their bullpen. It was always going to be hard for them to replace the output Howry, Rhodes and Riske had for them last season.

And they've been lucky Mota's done the job for them so far. But the other guys haven't pulled their weight. And it shows how important a good bullpen is for a winning ballclub.

Especially when you have mediocre starting pitching like they do.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Especially when you have mediocre starting pitching like they do.

Byrd looks pretty much done at this point. Never liked that signing for them much.

Johnson has been pitching above himself so far, but I don't know if that can continue either.

A lot of question regarding the Indians pitching ATM, and that's a really good thing for us.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
Well looking at Knight's sig, I think Rowand, Greasy, DBAH0 and I were the only ones to pick the Twins finishing ahead of them. Great minds think alike. :D

Ha, I'm just hoping the Twins and Indians stay exactly where they are right now. The Indians at .500 and the Twins under. :P

Interesting little tidbit here. The Sox have 80 runs allowed after 20 games, but the Tigers have allowed only 78 in 21 games. That's 1/8th of the season. Have the young Tiger pitchers finally hit a comfort level with Rogers in place as the grizzled veteran ace? Could be something to watch.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
Interesting little tidbit here.  The Sox have 80 runs allowed after 20 games, but the Tigers have allowed only 78 in 21 games.  That's 1/8th of the season.  Have the young Tiger pitchers finally hit a comfort level with Rogers in place as the grizzled veteran ace?  Could be something to watch.

So far I think with the Tigers, their bullpen has been pretty damn good so far, Rodney's done an excellent job, and they've got some good depth in there ATM.

As far as their pitching staff, I still have my doubts. Maroth and Robertson can still get hit hard from time to time, and they don't strike out a lot of guys. Verlander's going to be wild from time to time, and Rogers isn't known to be a good 2nd half pitcher from the past few seasons.

I do think Bonderman is quickly becoming their best pitcher though. They need to re-sign that dude to a long - term contract as soon as they can.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 03:07 AM)
Interesting little tidbit here.  The Sox have 80 runs allowed after 20 games, but the Tigers have allowed only 78 in 21 games.  That's 1/8th of the season.  Have the young Tiger pitchers finally hit a comfort level with Rogers in place as the grizzled veteran ace?  Could be something to watch.

I would bet that like 50% of the runs the Sox have given up were given up in like 20% of our games.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Twins pull out the win

2-1

that'll lower the team ERA

I was watching that game in the 8th inning (Sox were on a station break). Sweeney came up with 2 outs and 2 men on against Rincon, and I'm sitting there saying "if this was a White Sox pitcher, this ball leaves the park. He hit it almost to the warning track. How do you guys get so lucky as to not have that guy murder you?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
I would bet that like 50% of the runs the Sox have given up were given up in like 20% of our games.

Good guess. Actually, 41 out of the 80 runs against us have been scored in 4 games.