Game Thread - 04/13 Garland vs. Verlander

BigSqwert

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
anybody else feel that DJ has become decent in the booth?  could it be that the radio tandem is so bad that anything else sounds wonderful?

I've always liked DJ. He might not be the most intelligent guy at times, but I find him funny and entertaining.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
anybody else feel that DJ has become decent in the booth?  could it be that the radio tandem is so bad that anything else sounds wonderful?

i think you answered your own question. We have becomed enamored with mediocrity because of the sounds of horrible in the other room.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
I wonder if the Detroit pitcher is related to the guy who used to sell toupees. If he is, maybe he can get Paulie one.

I made that joke earlier about how Iguchi should knock the hairpiece off Cy Spurling...the actual hairclub owner (and client...) is Sy Sperling.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
DJ is pretty good. You can tell he works hard, and gets better every year.

I think it's a case of Singleton's ability makes DJ looks better. It's like if we brought up Jerry Owens, and he had 2 hits and a steal in his first game. We'd be proclaiming him the next Rickey Henderson....just because we're used to Pods struggles right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
I think it's a case of Singleton's ability makes DJ looks better.  It's like if we brought up Jerry Owens, and he had 2 hits and a steal in his first game.  We'd be proclaiming him the next Rickey Henderson....just because we're used to Pods struggles right now.

DJ has definitely gotten much, much better though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
I think it's a case of Singleton's ability makes DJ looks better.  It's like if we brought up Jerry Owens, and he had 2 hits and a steal in his first game.  We'd be proclaiming him the next Rickey Henderson....just because we're used to Pods struggles right now.

Chris, IMO, is better than Farmer.