White Sox @ Mariners 4/25

ChWRoCk2

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mean is that he is better than any of you can ever do...A, AA, AAA or majors.....let these kids pitch in MLB games...your not going to have an experienced pitching staff forever if you dont let these guys learn and play with the big boys.

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 04:35 AM)
What I mean is that he is better than any of you can ever do...A, AA, AAA or majors.....let these kids pitch in MLB games...your not going to have an experienced pitching staff forever if you dont let these guys learn and play with the big boys.

There's a reason there's a minor leagues. It's so players can harness their command/stuff, and be able to pitch effectively in the majors. Looking at Logan's stuff/command, he has a long ways to go to consistently throw strikes and keep hitters off-balanced.

What I mean is that he is better than any of you can ever do...A, AA, AAA or majors

How is that relevant? It isn't Boone Logan or me, or you, or some 80 year old grandpa sitting around smoking a cornbob pipe and typing away on Soxtalk tonight. It's Boone Logan or Tracy--who outside of one meaningless spring training, is the better pitcher than Logan.

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)

Maybe we should of just let Felix Diaz\Arnie Munoz\crap on a stick go out and get destroyed night after night for a season or two. We just gave up on him too early.

Our staff has plenty of experience. We have a rook that needs to throw strikes, if he walks a lot of people and gives up a lot of runs he will be sent down. We are trying to win another championship here. The Marlins can afford to let a guy learn on the job as a pitcher.

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)

Comparing him to us is irrelevant. With our pen so thin as it is you think we need to "give" this kid some innings to learn from? He needs to learn in the minors. He shouldn't have ever made the club in the first place.

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
If I can remember correctly people were ranting and raving about boone in ST....now he gives up some runs and he is back to AA....you guys are rediculas and dont give any of these kids a chance.

The only thing that's RIDICULOUS is your spelling of the word RIDICULOUS.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:38 PM)
How is that relevant?  It isn't Boone Logan or me, or you, or some 80 year old grandpa sitting around smoking a cornbob pipe and typing away on Soxtalk tonight.  It's Boone Logan or Tracy--who outside of one meaningless spring training, is the better pitcher than Logan.

The same Sean Tracey who has walked 13 batters in 12.1 IP in AAA?