Agustin Montero to be Promoted

Kalapse

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
I wonder what McCarthy will think of this? It sounded like he wanted to get into the rotation if what's-his-name-from-last-night didn't pan out. Looks like Ozzie REALLY wants Brandon to stay in the long-relief role for now.

Did you check out the stats? This guy had zero starts.

Edited by YASNY

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what McCarthy will think of this? It sounded like he wanted to get into the rotation if what's-his-name-from-last-night didn't pan out. Looks like Ozzie REALLY wants Brandon to stay in the long-relief role for now.

Montero is a reliever, BMAC will still be starting.

this guy is a bullpen guy, which makes me believe that BMAC will be starting on monday, and maybe after that.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
Wow. I was really hoping to see Tracey.

I wasn't. I love Tracey's stuff but until he gets better control of his pitches (20bb in like 30 innings this year) there is no way he is ready to pitch for the big club.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
I wasn't. I love Tracey's stuff but until he gets better control of his pitches (20bb in like 30 innings this year) there is no way he is ready to pitch for the big club.

That walks to innings pitched ratio was even worse than Haeger's. We all saw how that turned out.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 12, 2006 -> 04:18 AM)
No offense to this guy because I hope he does well, but I want KW to trade for a proven reliever eventually the more I think about it.

I'm sure 29 other teams would love to trade for a proven reliever as well. Supply and Demand is a wonderful thing, let's hope we don't overpay for one at the deadline e.g what Florida gave up for 2 months of Ron Villione.

It sounds like Montero's been doing a job for us down at Charlotte, and hopefully he can do a job for us at the big league level. I know Mike said he was suprised it wasn't Tracey, but I actually thought Javier Lopez could have been the guy possibly.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
I'm sure 29 other teams would love to trade for a proven reliever as well. Supply and Demand is a wonderful thing, let's hope we don't overpay for one at the deadline e.g what Florida gave up for 2 months of Ron Villione.

It sounds like Montero's been doing a job for us down at Charlotte, and hopefully he can do a job for us at the big league level. I know Mike said he was suprised it wasn't Tracey, but I actually thought Javier Lopez could have been the guy possibly.

That would be all lefties and one righty in the pen. I think thats a little too much lefty.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 12, 2006 -> 05:55 AM)
That would be all lefties and one righty in the pen. I think thats a little too much lefty.

Cotts, Thornton, Logan and Lopez. Seattle had 4 lefties in the pen at one time last season.

I don't really buy into the thought that you can have too much of one thing. If Lopez has a better chance at getting major league hitters out than Montero, then in my mind, he should be the guy that's brought up.

But the Sox have obviously liked what Montero has done with his delivery done at Charlotte as Jim said.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
Do people remember seeing him in Spring Training? He was absolutely awful.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 11, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Montero has the honor of being one of the first players suspended by MLB for steriod use last season.

You guys are killing my buzz. :D

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
I agree. I just threw out my season tickets. This is ridiculous.

I'm not saying its going to cost us the season, but its still a stupid move. Tracey >>>>> Moreno. Not only does Tracey have lightyears better stuff, he also has a tremendous attitude and deserves the shot over Moreno (plus Tracey is more susceptible to suceed).

Moreno = AAAAer and a juicer on top of that.