Agustin Montero to be Promoted

Kalapse

QUOTE(rudylaw @ May 11, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
I love when new guys come up. It is always very exciting to see. It kind of makes it a little extra exciting when we are in the middle of a long season.

Usually when when that new guy is from the White Sox minor leagues, the results are pretty bad. I don't expect much from Montero, he has had a history of walks in the minors. Haegar walked his share in the minors, but major league hitters have better batting eyes and are smarter hitters, so those totals even go higher. The Angels aren't that patient of an offense, yet they let Charlie hang himself, and Montero will most likely be no different. Hopefully, he won't cost the Sox any games. He probably is the new designated lamb of the pitching staff. If for some reason the Sox are getting blown out, he's going to be out on the mound pitching until his arm falls off.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I found out Brandon was going to get Jose's next start I figured a righty was coming up to replace Haeger. I was thinking Montero or Jeff Farnsworth. Farnsworth is 31 (I know old :P ) he's 3-0 ERA 1.62 with 6 saves. I have no problem with either of them as a short-term solution.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 11, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
Right, and he couldn't have seen him last year in spring training in AZ with the Rangers?
So maybe we're talking a total of what 7 innings? You were trying to pass him off as if he was one of Ozzie's guys. He's not. He's just some scrub who we happen to have laying around in our farm system.

Guest JimH
So maybe we're talking a total of what 7 innings? You were trying to pass him off as if he was one of Ozzie's guys. He's not. He's just some scrub who we happen to have laying around in our farm system.

Well thanks for your definitive clarification, as always. You can put it on the blog, yes.

What I said was, Ozzie knows this guy but I wasn't certain how. Stop telling me what I was trying to do, I recall Ozzie talking in spring training that he had a familiarity with this guy. The stat book doesn't tell the whole story of how people in baseball know one another. Sorry if I tripped up on the minutia, so glad you are here to correct me.

Great article on the White Sox site about this ....

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/ar...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 11, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
If this scrub was any good he wouldn't have been a career minor leaguer with four teams.

he sucks but it actually goes to show you that our system also sucks right now. i know that is not new news from me! Our stud is up (mcarthy) we really don't have another down there yet. Tracey is not the answer and haeger will have a tough time making it. I think broadway will take longer because he doesn't throw hard enough. anyway not much down there. Which also explains why Boone logan is here.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 11, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
And it all comes down to who's the biggest penis.

i guess I am not sure why everyone is so on edge personally attacking others. its really quite ok to dissagree with people. I think our minor league system blows. Others might like it. its no big deal really. What I see happening here is people jumping on others personally because they don't like them rather than not liking there opinion or post. its a shame, the site is slowly alienating people rather than including them. Didn't seem the case a couple of years ago. Just an observation.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 12, 2006 -> 04:03 AM)
I am not sure why everyone is so on edge personally attacking others. its really quite ok to dissagree with people. I think our minor league system blows. Others might like it. its no big deal really. What I see happening here is people jumping on others personally because they don't like them rather than not liking there opinion or post. its a shame, the site is slowly alienating people rather than including them. Didn't seem the case a couple of years ago. Just an observation.

And it's all Jim's fault. :D

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ May 11, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
I would have started McCarthy in the first place after Jose went on the DL

I think we've been over this...BMac isn't adapted to throwing more than 60 pitches or so per outing yet, and he just threw on Sunday. He got a nice long game on Wednesday, and he'll be on 6 days of rest for his next outing.