GAME THREAD 5-16-06 SOX vs RAYS

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
Sarcasm much. Or just exaggeration for effect.

Yes and no. I think that when you have a bunch of 9 million dollar a year pitchers like we have, you should be able to be in every game. However, I also don't think that our collection of talent is worthy of being inducted into the MLB Hall of Fame, like our trusty announcer does.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
No s*** they won't, but getting shelled by a team that has slumped for a month and a half is not acceptable.

Boone Logan is the slumpbuster of middle relief, put me in there against him and I'd double to left center field.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)
If we were winning this game 10-6 against any other starter on their roster, this thread wouldn't have any such complaints. The Rays hit very well last season, and are known for hitting well and pitching like s***.

That was last season. Their hitting, besides Gomes, has been pathetic this season.

Yes and no. I think that when you have a bunch of 9 million dollar a year pitchers like we have, you should be able to be in every game. However, I also don't think that our collection of talent is worthy of being inducted into the MLB Hall of Fame, like our trusty announcer does.

Hawk could turn Shawn Estes into a Cy Young Award winner (he actually did last season).

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
No s*** they won't, but getting shelled by a team that has slumped for a month and a half is not acceptable.

oh my f***ing lord. we have the best record in the majors. if your going to jump off a cliff, do it already.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
oh my f***ing lord. we have the best record in the majors. if your going to jump off a cliff, do it already.

OH MY f***ING LORD!!!1!!1

Where did I jump off a cliff?

Thank you for playing.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
That was last season. Their hitting, besides Gomes, has been pathetic this season.

their roster hasn't really changed too much. So they went through a collective team slump for 6 weeks. It's not totally impossible, you know. Huff is a good hitter. Crawford is a good hitter. I'd take the Rays lineup over the current Flubs one.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
A leadoff double by your 2 hitter and the 3-4-5 don't do s***. :(

You do realize Kazmir is probably the best pitcher in the AL East right now don't you? There is a reason his ERA is 2.70 and he strikes out 1 an inning and is 5-2 on a team that can't hit, he's damn good.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
their roster hasn't really changed too much. So they went through a collective team slump for 6 weeks. It's not totally impossible, you know. Huff is a good hitter. Crawford is a good hitter. I'd take the Rays lineup over the current Flubs one.

Are we talking about the same team that's hitting .230 this year? Huff's bat speed is extremely slow (talk about a prime juicer candidate), their best hitter is injured, and most of their guys are struggling.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
You do realize Kazmir is probably the best pitcher in the AL East right now don't you? There is a reason his ERA is 2.70 and he strikes out 1 an inning and is 5-2 on a team that can't hit, he's damn good.

Was it that baseball genius, Steve Phillips , that traded him for Zambrano?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)

No f***ing s*** I realize that. Christ, I say that our 3-4-5 fail to do anything with a leadoff double and I have to hear how good he is. :lol: And the best pitcher in the AL East RIGHT NOW is Mike Mussina.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Was it that baseball genius, Steve Phillips , that traded him for Zambrano?

Duquette

Edited by WHarris1