GAME THREAD 5-16-06 SOX vs RAYS

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, the Rays are NOT a joke this year, nor were they really much of a joke at the end of last year. Kazmir is most certainly the real deal, and they have some good young talent that goes through hitting streaks.

I mean, they handed the Yankees their asses all season, and routinely give them problems.

They are 5 under hitting .230 as a club. Imagine if they had not been slumping so badly.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
... And why were we confident that we could win the games without Count in the rotation?

I was confident that McCarthy could pitch well, but I'm so f***ing sick of seeing the minor league guys on the mound (Logan, Haeger, Montero). For all the talk about how KW did a great job of giving this team depth in the offseason, our lack of another reliever is really hurting.

Dude. This is the last time. I wasn't even f***ing talking about that. Don't respond to my posts.

It's a message board -- everyone can respond to everyone's posts. I wasn't being offensive at all.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
So ends the Boone Logan Experiment.

My guess is that he takes the short flight from Tampa to Birmingam, and everyone's favorite spring training lefty doesn't see the major leagues before 2008.

My favorite ST lefty was Buehrle. As far as I know, he's still on this team.

Exactly. It didn't have anything to do with the play. Just notning that it was some pretty incredible speed on the bases.

Oh okay, now I see what you mean. I thought you were referring to that specific play.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
Guys, the Rays are NOT a joke this year, nor were they really much of a joke at the end of last year. Kazmir is most certainly the real deal, and they have some good young talent that goes through hitting streaks.

I mean, they handed the Yankees their asses all season, and routinely give them problems.

They are 5 under hitting .230 as a club. Imagine if they had not been slumping so badly.

And they are 8 games under .500, 2nd worst in the AL

I have to believe that Boone Logan needs to get more minor league experience. He can get some innings in down there. Maybe we will be seeing Jeff nelson pretty soon? Anyone know how Jeff has been throwing lately?

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
Whatever, :bang 5 under and 8 under are not a whole lot different at this point in the season.

5 under and they are still last in their division and near the bottom of the AL.

They are hitting .230 and have 6 runs in 5 innings.

Ozzie is completely misusing Logan. When he has worked a lot he has shown he can go out there and get people out. When he has a huge amount of time off he struggles.... Ozzie needs to either use Boone more consistently or he needs to be sent down.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
Well LaRoche suffers from a bad case of ADD, so that's understandable.

I can't believe they blamed that on his ADD. Quite simply, he got lazy, and Johnson showed great hustle.