Jeffrey Hammonds released by Brewers.

Bighurt52235

He had one solid year with the Rockies, then went off to greener pastures.

You mean a guy went to Colorado for a season, had great numbers, then got paid an extraordinary amount of money by some sucker team? Nooooooooooooooooo.

I like Jeffrey Hammonds. He has good power and is a decent fielder. He would be a good pick-up.

We do NOT need another power hitter

These idiots keep swinging for the fences with no sense of putting bat on ball in clutch situations

Again today we have Olivo on 2nd with 1 out and he does not even advance to 3rd thanks to our pathetic power hitters

Again today, we have man on 2nd and 3rd in the only inning we looked like a threat on O, and we could not score with Crede playing like crap

All those who thought getting Kenny Lofton here would not help can bite me

We need a f***ing left handed leadoff man who can play C field with speed BADLY

We do NOT need another power hitter

These idiots keep swinging for the fences with no sense of putting bat on ball in clutch situations

Again today we have Olivo on 2nd with 1 out and he does not even advance to 3rd thanks to our pathetic power hitters

Again today, we have man on 2nd and 3rd in the only inning we looked like a threat on O, and we could not score with Crede playing like crap

All those who thought getting Kenny Lofton here would not help can bite me

We need a f***ing left handed leadoff man who can play C field with speed BADLY

Ever heard of clubhouse chemistry?

It would be ruined with Lofton in the clubhouse. He was the team rep last year at the meetings and took a different stance on the issue then the majority of the Sox players did. In other words, he pissed a bunch of them off.

Lofton is s***ty in CF defensively, and if he got in a funk like he did last year and was a little b**** about it and didn't take BP and never got out of his slump until he was traded to a team that is in playoff contention, much like last year...what does that make us look like? I'll tell you....it makes us look like a bunch of dumbf***s. I'll make a comparison for you.

We are a fish....and we bite the bait of Kenny Lofton once, and we get caught and made into b****ed. We are then let off the hook by the Giants. We then bite the bait that is Kenny Lofton once again....and he is a bust. We'd bite the same bait twice, and we'd look like idiots for doing it again.

I have to ask....have you ever touched a hot stove intentionally, just to see what it was like? If so, and I'm assuming you did, did you ever do it again? My point exactly.

Kenny Lofton is no. I blame that peckerhead for a lot of what went wrong last year. I do not like him as a player, and I sure as hell don't want him back on the Sox.

This team needs a CF that can actually play defense. When a hard hit ground ball up the middle rolls to the wall for a double, wea re in bad shape. If we didn't have four guys hitting like they have never played the game before I would agree he is useless but we have nothiing to lose. Joe Borchard is not a centerfielder neitehr is harris. If we are going to take this mindset, put Konerko at third. We need to do soemthing to change the make-up of this team. If I hear about f'ing chemistry again I am going to puke we sucka nd need something.

Trade Colon and Konerko for Nick Johnson and Weaver, f***, do soemthing. Who si running this circus anyway, I have faith but it is waning.

This could be getting more interesting. This is from SI's Ken Rosenthal

Outfielder Jeffrey Hammonds, released by the Brewers, could resurface with the Expos as a replacement for injured right fielder Vladimir Guerrero.

Hammonds is close with Expos manager Frank Robinson, who was the Orioles' assistant GM when the selected Hammonds with the fourth pick of the 1992 draft -- two places ahead of Derek Jeter.

The White Sox, unsettled in center field, also have expressed interest in Hammonds. ...

Don't know enough about Hammonds to make a decision, but I am going to check his stats. Reading some of the posts though on trade pleas makes me wonder why we value our own people so poorly. It's lke give up the entire team to get some reject from another team. I guess frustration makes you think that way, but let's reign it in some...

Don't know enough about Hammonds to make a decision, but I am going to check his stats. Reading some of the posts though on trade pleas makes me wonder why we value our own people so poorly. It's lke give up the entire team to get some reject from another team. I guess frustration makes you think that way, but let's reign it in some...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/prof...le?statsId=5066

Here you go, he is hitting worse than both Borchard and Harris this year, and worse than what Rowand was doing at AAA.

Hammonds will always be a disappointment, IMO.

When he came up in 1994 or 1995, he had a .303 average with 5 HR, 5 SB, and like 17 RBI's in just 100 ab's with the Orioles. He was "major league ready." Then the injuries came .... and they came .... and they came.

Now he's just bouncing around from team to team.

I viewed the stats. He showed some power and hit for a high average in Colorado, but doesn't show any consistency. Maybe a 4th outfielder? But we already have a couple guys doing that for us.

NEVER look at what offensive numbers a hitter puts up in Colorado. They are a joke. That is like me comparing my softball #'s to major leaguers.