AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

It's always nice to get the brooms out!! When Jenks has everything going you can count on him for a save. I read on the internet that Uribe was hit in the head with a pitch. Does anyone know if he is ok? I sure hope he is.

:sweep: :sweep: :sweep: :sweep:

Edited by whitesox1976

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. Haren was on his game tonight and we pulled out a win, makes me happy.

One thing I really noticed tonight was how MB was just POUNDING the inner half of that plate...I'm really not used to seeing that from Mark. As Hawk and DJ mentioned, OAK has always been successful against MB because they knew strikes were coming and they just went with the pitch, usually outer-half pitches shooting them to rf. MB changed his game plan tonight and it worked out splendidly. Hopefully Jonny boy was on the bench taking notes tonight.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 24, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
So, yeah for Heads and his 20-3 game thread record the past two years.

I know you probably PWN the winning percentage with that ridiculous record, but I would like to see who also has a very good record in game threads over these last two years (despite the 1-0 from alot of posters I'm assuming) Some1 we can rely on so you can rest your powers till the playoffs like Greasy says.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
:headshake

Yeah, I know most of you guys here don't like it, but it was really fun. It started in the right field upper deck, and we went back and forth around the top about 5 times. Then the lower deck started, and we went around another 5 or so together. I was right behind homeplate, Section 531.

I also bought a kickass shirt from a street vendor: "Hey Cubs Fans! (middle finger with WORLD SERIES RING on it)"

You guys have no f***ing clue how pissed I was today. It's the top of the 8th f***ing inning, the dream Politte is comming into the game and bam there's a s*** load of noise comming from the upper deck, look up and what do you know the f***ing wave has broken out. A guy gets on, Nelson comes in and bam the wave hits the lower bowl all along I'm threatening to kill anyone and everyone in the middle of section 157 who stands up, luckily once Bobby got into the game the damn things stopped.

Doing the stupid ass wave in the 8th inning in a 1 run game just shows that the crowd isn't entirely into the game, no they're more worried about when they have to jump up and make an ass out of themselves. I was embarrassed beyond belief.

Anyone who did the wave today should be ashamed of themselves.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
It was when we were up by 2 :P

That's when it started but it carried over all the way 'til Bobby got into the game. I was one of the first people to jump up and start cheering for Bobby simply to try and kill the wave.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
You guys have no f***ing clue how pissed I was today. It's the top of the 8th f***ing inning, the dream Politte is comming into the game and bam there's a s*** load of noise comming from the upper deck, look up and what do you know the f***ing wave has broken out. A guy gets on, Nelson comes in and bam the wave hits the lower bowl all along I'm threatening to kill anyone and everyone in the middle of section 157 who stands up, luckily once Bobby got into the game the damn things stopped.

Doing the stupid ass wave in the 8th inning in a 1 run game just shows that the crowd isn't entirely into the game, no they're more worried about when they have to jump up and make an ass out of themselves. I was embarrassed beyond belief.

Easy Capt. Elitist, if these people are willing to come out and support the white sox and pay to fill the seats at the ball park im fine with it. If they want to do the wave, im cool with that too, these people are the ones whom when the time comes will be paying for Mark Buehrle's new contract. So i would suggest to just embrace it, we we're all there in April in years past when no one was there, you can't have it both ways. I've been to every homestand this season and i love the feeling at the cell.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)

A.f***ing.Men

/I'm very religious

QUOTE(beautox @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
Easy Capt. Elitist, if these people are willing to come out and support the white sox and pay to fill the seats at the ball park im fine with it. If they want to do the wave, im cool with that too, these people are the ones whom when the time comes will be paying for Mark Buehrle's new contract. So i would suggest to just embrace it, we we're all there in April in years past when no one was there, you can't have it both ways. I've been to every homestand this season and i love the feeling at the cell.

Um, no. I love the full stadium and all but having a crowd that doesn't give a s*** about a close game in the 8th inning is sickening. I'm sure we could fill the stadium with people who can avoid standing every 60 seconds, there are plenty of people out there who would love to go to a game but can't because it's sold out lets get those people into the park to replace the asswipes who encourage the wave.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
:lolhitting nah, no one wants my 6'4 ass standing up blocking their view, but i dont mind it.

That reminds me, I know this has been mentioned a lot in the past but ballpark etiquette is completely out of control. I was sitting on the aisle today and missed a good portion of the games because of the f***ers who felt it necessary to go up to the concourse in the middle of the inning. Let's see I had to contort my kneck to see Pods' leaping catch in LF and Pods' double scoring Mack. I also completely missed Thome's single and a few other plays do to these jackasses who can't wait a few seconds to get up or go back to their seats.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Um, no. I love the full stadium and all but having a crowd that doesn't give a s*** about a close game in the 8th inning is sickening. I'm sure we could fill the stadium with people who can avoid standing every 60 seconds, there are plenty of people out there who would love to go to a game but can't because it's sold out lets get those people into the park to replace the asswipes who encourage the wave.

well aparently by that logic the people whom didn't buy season tickets or tickets in advance to make sure the "asswipes" aren't there must not be true sox fans infact they in themselves are "asswipes" for letting other "asswipes" in the stands to do the wave. listen its a quagmire, but its one i dont mind being in.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
well aparently by that logic the people whom didn't buy season tickets or tickets in advance to make sure the "asswipes" aren't there must not be true sox fans infact they in themselves are "asswipes" for letting other "asswipes" in the stands to do the wave. listen its a quagmire, but its one i dont mind being in.

You displease me with your pro-wave banter.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)

Well you basically said why the wave pisses people off in your last post. We don't need others standing in our way when we're trying to watch a 1 run ball game. One of the more annoying things around. You're there to watch baseball, not to do the f***in wave.