My Mother

Be Good

My Mother went into surgery for a hernia early Monday. She was supposed to be out of the hospital by the weekend. Her arm is swolen due to IV's, and they are having trouble finding her veins. If they don't, they will have to insert a picc line. The picc line goes inside your body to deliver fluids. Hopefully they will find her veins that way she won't have to go through with that.

I ask that you keep my Mother in your prayers, and thoughts.

Thank you.

Stints have come a looooong way. My grandmother has one for her dialysis. Swelling from IV's is fairly common but freaky because everyone reacts differently. Prayers for your mom absolutely.

Hang in there kiddo.

Has the swelling in your mother's arm gone down lately??? The reason asking is that I suffer from Lymphedema which occurs in any of the limbs, I have the disease in my legs. The reason for me asking is that I was having injection in my legs which caused the disease, I hope that this isn't your mother's case. I only hope for the best.

QUOTE(Bbigdogg29 @ May 25, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)
Has the swelling in your mother's arm gone down lately??? The reason asking is that I suffer from Lymphedema which occurs in any of the limbs, I have the disease in my legs. The reason for me asking is that I was having injection in my legs which caused the disease, I hope that this isn't your mother's case. I only hope for the best.

My mother's arm isn't swollen anymore. This is usual for her though, her arm gets swollen when given shots, IV's or such. She will be out of the hospital within the next couple days.

She is now allowed to eat solid food, the last couple days she was allowed only liquids.

She needs antibotics from the hernia surgery she just had. And a pill won't supply enough. Hopefully they can do the normal IV. She's going to see about getting a shot for it. Otherwise they will have to do a picc line, the last time they tried to do that she was in pain for a half an hour. So if they do it this time she will have to be "sadated". I believe you can go home with a picc line, and get it removed after a week.

Thank you for your concern.

Yes BeGood you can go home with a picc line. When it's placed for an extended period of time (months such as for dialysis) it's not a big deal at all. I would guess this would be similar. Glad she's able to eat solid food. That definitely means she's getting better. :headbang