Bob Jenks on velocity

LosMediasBlancas

How do we know what he is throwing right now? The comcast speed gun is broken, last night Haren was averaging 84 MPH and Buehrle was averaging around 77 MPH. Somehow I dont think those are right.

Comcast just cannot do anything right

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)
How do we know what he is throwing right now? The comcast speed gun is broken, last night Haren was averaging 84 MPH and Buehrle was averaging around 77 MPH. Somehow I dont think those are right.

The gun at the park had Jenks' fastball between 94-98. The gun also had one of Buerhle's fastballs at 90 so TWIW.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:37 AM)

Yeah, the comcast speed gun is really s***ty

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:54 AM)
I don't give a damn about the velocity, Jesus Christ himself couldn't have hit the s*** he was throwing up there last night. Bobby is fine as long as he has CONTROL, that is what matters for him.

"Are you saying that Jesus Christ couldn't hit a curve ball?????"

:D

"ahh luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv Major League............."

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 25, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)
The gun at the park had Jenks' fastball between 94-98. The gun also had one of Buerhle's fastballs at 90 so TWIW.

That sounds about right. The radar gun on TV had Bobby throwing 85 mph fastballs last night. In other words, Comcast's gun is inaccurate as hell.

Bobby's an elite closer when he's able to locate that hook. Mercy!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 25, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
That has been my observation as well. Get a few fastball foul balls, and Its basically a two pitch strikeout. You CANT hit his curve after seeing two fastballs.

Which is also why we can't complain if someone eventually jumps on the first pitch fastball, and does a lot of damage against it. Right now, Jenks reminds me of K-Rod when he first came up. He's a strikeout waiting to happen.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
I don't give a damn about the velocity, Jesus Christ himself couldn't have hit the s*** he was throwing up there last night. Bobby is fine as long as he has CONTROL, that is what matters for him.

I beg to differ with you. Jesus COULD have hit those pitches. Jesus Alou couldn't have, but Jesus Christ-yes! :P :bang

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
I beg to differ with you. Jesus COULD have hit those pitches. Jesus Alou couldn't have, but Jesus Christ-yes! :P :bang

you tryin to tell me that jesus christ can't hit a curve ball.