Official Suspension Announcements

Chisoxrd5

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
If the fine is $500 or something of that sort, I really don't think AJ will think its worth the effort. If he appeals it, he may end up getting suspended.

They cant' suspend him for appealing, it's his right in the CBA to appeal any and all suspensions/fines.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:28 AM)
I think the CBA does not allow an increase in a penalty. They also take forever to hear an appeal for a fine. I recently read Moises Alou saying he still hasn't had an appeal on his fine for his incident w/ an umpire in 2003.

how can you say you hate the Cubs with a straight face? honestly.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
If the fine is $500 or something of that sort, I really don't think AJ will think its worth the effort. If he appeals it, he may end up getting suspended.

Has there ever been a situation where a penalty has been increased based on appeal? I don't think so. At least I can not recall one. I hope he does fight it. Mabry got nothing for getting his ass kicked, why should AJP get anything for essentially the same thing? Anderson got off light I thought.

Guest JimH

Why is everybody getting on this guys ass about talking about the Cubs? I'm on this site almost every day and lots of people talk about the Cubs, they get a drop-in mention a lot during the game threads ... Rock, Fathom, myself, several others ... we all make comments/cracks about the Cubs. What he does isn't as bad or certainly any worse than others who beat certain topics to death, or am I missing something here? Lots of people here dislike the Cubs ... almost as much as they dislike the wave.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:28 AM)
I think the CBA does not allow an increase in a penalty. They also take forever to hear an appeal for a fine. I recently read Moises Alou saying he still hasn't had an appeal on his fine for his incident w/ an umpire in 2003.

I didn't know they couldn't increase the penalty. I work in the commodities field and know of someone who was disciplined by the CFTC $50k, he appealed and upon further review his fine when to $200,000. :D AJ has mentioned he's getting a little sick of his supposed reputation. He may just pay the fine to keep everything on his front quiet.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
Has there ever been a situation where a penalty has been increased based on appeal? I don't think so. At least I can not recall one. I hope he does fight it. Mabry got nothing for getting his ass kicked, why should AJP get anything for essentially the same thing? Anderson got off light I thought.

LMAO, that would be hilarious.

"You know what Barrett, you were an even bigger dickweek than we thought. Here is 5 more games. Appeal that, b****."

lol

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)

No that has never happened and it won't happen in this case either and Anderson really didn't get off light, normally Barrett would have gotten a similar suspention to BA but since it was so un-called for and he just started the whole damn thing he got a largly increased suspension.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
Don't you get it? We don't give a rat's ass about the damn Cubs. We're here to talk about the White Sox. The Cubs ain't worth a pimple on your daddy's ass. Enough about the Cubs already.

I think I love you :wub:

The suspensions basically played out how I thought they would, seems pretty fair.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
Why is everybody getting on this guys ass about talking about the Cubs? I'm on this site almost every day and lots of people talk about the Cubs, they get a drop-in mention a lot during the game threads ... Rock, Fathom, myself, several others ... we all make comments/cracks about the Cubs. What he does isn't as bad or certainly any worse than others who beat certain topics to death, or am I missing something here? Lots of people here dislike the Cubs ... almost as much as they dislike the wave.

Do you even read the Diamond Club?

Yes, but there is a difference between Rock, Fathom and yourself making fun of them once in a while while Cubsessed mentions them pretty much every post. We get it, he (pretends to) hate the Cubs. Its old. He has better thoughts than that, and he should start sharing them.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)

He posts about the Cubs more than he posts about the White Sox. Something is wrong there..

Nobody else is obsessive-compulsive about them. Sure, an occasional shot at the Cubs is fun, but this ridiculous.

It certainly seems appropriate to be busting on them in this thread too.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
Yes, but there is a difference between Rock, Fathom and yourself making fun of them once in a while while Cubsessed mentions them pretty much every post. We get it, he (pretends to) hate the Cubs. Its old. He has better thoughts than that, and he should start sharing them.

I still think he's Marriotti.

Guest JimH
I find these judgements fair.

AJ's fine was obviously for his actions after the incident. I'm sure it's not a huge amount.

I think when a player or manager gets ejected it's an automatic fine anyway.

Do you even read the Diamond Club?

Yes. Not all the time though. I just thought you guys were kinda ganging up on him is all.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
Yes. Not all the time though. I just thought you guys were kinda ganging up on him is all.

Trying to force the Cubs out of his every other post, thats all. He has a pretty bad addiction/sickness right now. We have him on the 28 day program.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
I'm disappointed that nobody picked up on my Ozzie-Wendelstedt reference. :)

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
Don't you get it? We don't give a rat's ass about the damn Cubs. We're here to talk about the White Sox. The Cubs ain't worth a pimple on your daddy's ass. Enough about the Cubs already.

LOL, I didnt even see it at first. Nice.