Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
JG is a 5th starter at best , I am tired of all the excuses for Garland he SUCKS besides 1 good contract yr, time to call a spade a spade. :puke

are offense isnt really helping either

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
How do you know Crede would have been thrown out last night? Gomez ain't exactly an all - star out in LF, and doesn't have the greatest defense and arm out there by all reports.

Cora likes to be aggressive because it puts pressure on the fielder to make the play. If Crede is held at third, and doesn't score, it's still a 3-3 game, and we could have very well lost last night.

You take the good with the bad, but in no way is Joey Cora as bad as Wally was.

I'm not going to argue this with you, because basically everyone but you and jphat admits that it was an awful decision.

And don't put words into my mouth. I didn't say Joey Cora is as bad as Wally was, but those plays were.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
Their minor leagues are more bare than ours, by a lot. Yes, Cabrera's done better than Anderson, but that's only because BA's been so damn bad.

That's all it took....one guy to be in their system. One guy to fill the hole.

This crap is getting old... Jon pitches one of his best games all year... the defense s***s the bed. None of those balls were even hit freaken remotely hard except for the HR and even that wasn't a bad pitch... If we have a semi competant CF we don't even give up one run that inning...

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
I have a feeling the Tigers may not be done tonight. That inning has woken them up I think. We were 1 for 20 with RISP in scoring position before that inning, and look what happened. Not to toot my own horn here, but if that's any indication, it could get ugly fast.

Thanks for putting salt on the wound chief....

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
Just to fan rumors, I Wonder if Philly scouts watched Jon tonight-

Who's their Center Fielder at AAA? Because if anyone watched this game tonight, they sure wouldn't trade a major leaguer for Garland.

Here's a silver lining... remember when the immortal Felix Diaz and Arnie Munoz were getting starts and the White Sox couldn't get a win out of the 5th starter spot? I'm not defending Garland's effort tonight, he needs to pitch with the balls he pitched with last year in tight spots but people, things could be a LOT worse.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:49 AM)
Here's a silver lining... remember when the immortal Felix Diaz and Arnie Munoz were getting starts and the White Sox couldn't get a win out of the 5th starter spot? I'm not defending Garland's effort tonight, he needs to pitch with the balls he pitched with last year in tight spots but people, things could be a LOT worse.

Great....we're paying him a fortune to be just a little more reliable than those guys.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Blaming Garland is silly. I know he's the whipping boy, but this loss goes 100 percent on Mackowiak and Cora, they have alone caused a 6 run swing towards Detroit.

Yeah I guess his 5.83 era and the fact he is giving hr's up every start is not his fault either. :banghead

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
That's all it took....one guy to be in their system. One guy to fill the hole.

And yet...they still have like 7 starting pitchers they're rotating through, because they have no one to fill their gigantic gaping holes there.

QUOTE(PeoriaSoxFan @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:49 AM)
Do you think Oz is rethinking the idea of sending BA down now?

I seriously hope he's not considering playing Mackowiak vs Lee and C.C. this wknd. f*** it...try Ozuna in CF if this game gets out of hand.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
And yet...they still have like 7 starting pitchers they're rotating through, because they have no one to fill their gigantic gaping holes there.

That's what I'm saying....at least they have other options to possibly fill in. We have nothing.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Blaming Garland is silly. I know he's the whipping boy, but this loss goes 100 percent on Mackowiak and Cora, they have alone caused a 6 run swing towards Detroit.

You can't possibly feel this way.

Guest JimH
How long can we go with such a glaring hole in CF? I must be watching a different game than some people, but it's killing us game after game.

No one's saying it isn't a problem.

What jphat007 is saying, and you know this full well, is that it's not like KW can just snap his fingers and get a new CF. You know as well as everyone else he is one of the most aggressive GM's out there and you also know he is out looking, probably as we speak.

Teams have to match up trade wise, the timing has to be right, and early June is almost always a non trading time of the season.

Hopefully he can pull something off, and soon. My sense is Anderson gets shipped out after the game.