Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
If Kenny Rogers gets rocked, like I hope he will, would Ozzie still consider him the front runner to start the all star game.

He almost has to. All the other pitchers pitch on Saturday and Sunday right before the ASG. (Don't quote me on that :))

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
Tigers got a 2-0 lead early on. Bottom 2.

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out. It is very difficult to pull up mlb gameday. :P

Have I mentioned that Saarloos sucks?

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:10 AM)
... and the Tigers fans come out of hiding.

Hiding? I was gone for the 4th of July, in case you didn't notice we won the last game against the A's as welll, if I was hiding I would have stopped then :P

I wasn't worried about the Tigers until maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Once Maroth went down, I was expecting the team to play noticeably worse. The Tigers have kept winning as if nothing happened.

I'm certainly not yielding the division, but if the Sox aren't leading the division by September 1, the team needs to concede the division and concentrate on the WC.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
I wasn't worried about the Tigers until maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Once Maroth went down, I was expecting the team to play noticeably worse. The Tigers have kept winning as if nothing happened.

I'm certainly not yielding the division, but if the Sox aren't leading the division by September 1, the team needs to concede the division and concentrate on the WC.

Are you f***ing kidding me? Concede the division if they aren't leading by September 1? Have you f***ing looked at the Wild Card standings? The Sox are running away with it, 6 games ahead of the Yankees, and 9 games ahead of Toronto and Minnesota..

That's still a month to go. You don't concentrate on winning the Wild Card, you concentrate on winning some f***ing ballgames, and then hoping you get a bit lucky and the team ahead of you loses.

I'm just wondering...do you not understand how quickly a team can lose a 3 game lead? Do you not understand how quickly a team can lose a 7 or 10 game lead? It's very easy to do - hell, the Sox almost did it last year.

Concentrate on the Wild Card....psshhhhh

What do all the Sox fans who were crying about the fact that you percieved that the Tigers couldn't beat good teams have to say now that you have put in 2 pretty bad efforts against the Red Sox? Maybe your starting pitching will really hurt you against good teams?

About the last post, I think you just concentrate on making the playoffs any way possible whether it may be by winning the Wild Card or the division. But I think that poster pointed out the September 1st date because if I remember correctly we have a pretty tough schedule in August and a much easier September. If we can hold on to the division lead through August, I think we have a great shot at holding on the rest of the year because of how we've beaten up on the bad teams all season.

Here's the good part......could be up 3 by the time we wake up in the morning.......Tomorrow the CWS go up against Shilling who will be pumped to shove the ASG snub in Guillen's ugly mug.....we could be 4 games up going into the break....when we come back, we have 4 games at home vs the Royals and the CWS have 4 against the NYY in NY......it could be a pretty good lead by the time they get to Detroit.......with the way the White Sox are pitching, I think they could be in some trouble......

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
What do all the Sox fans who were crying about the fact that you percieved that the Tigers couldn't beat good teams have to say now that you have put in 2 pretty bad efforts against the Red Sox? Maybe your starting pitching will really hurt you against good teams?

We can't say s*** now.

Our starting pitching is horrible. Playoff caliber, sure, Championship caliber, no way.

Not only is Freddy Garcia a bad pitcher, but he shows up teammates who fail defensively. Yet I read a stat in today's game that 24 of 25 potential base stealers successfully stole off him. He's inefficient with his pitches, can't hold a runner, has lost velocity on his fastball, and often allows first or second-inning runs, putting his team in a hole.

Javier Vazquez is just as bad of a pitcher and teammate as Freddy G. Tiger fans, Vazquez watched his catcher get intentionally drilled on first pitches in consecutive at bats, yet never threw so much as a brushback pitch to the opposing team. He stayed outside all game and wouldn't even throw inside.

I do not want to go to the playoffs with these two self-interested, incompentent, downright bad pitchers.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
About the last post, I think you just concentrate on making the playoffs any way possible whether it may be by winning the Wild Card or the division. But I think that poster pointed out the September 1st date because if I remember correctly we have a pretty tough schedule in August and a much easier September. If we can hold on to the division lead through August, I think we have a great shot at holding on the rest of the year because of how we've beaten up on the bad teams all season.

That's exactly how I see it.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(ViperPilot @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Here's the good part......could be up 3 by the time we wake up in the morning.......Tomorrow the CWS go up against Shilling who will be pumped to shove the ASG snub in Guillen's ugly mug.....we could be 4 games up going into the break....when we come back, we have 4 games at home vs the Royals and the CWS have 4 against the NYY in NY......it could be a pretty good lead by the time they get to Detroit.......with the way the White Sox are pitching, I think they could be in some trouble......

Even worse for them is since the Yankees are 2nd to them in the wild card currently, if they struggle in NY, their hold on that wild card could be much smaller at the end of that series then it is now.

QUOTE(ViperPilot @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)

I put a bet that you wont make it past the allstar break if you keep up the banner posting.

I put a bet that you wont make it past the allstar break if you keep up the banner posting.

Won't make it past the all star break? What the hell are you talking about? Your post makes less sense every time I read it.

Edited by ViperPilot