Sox @ Cubs - July 1

Heads22

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Going into this year, he was 25-25 with 342 K's 413.7 IP 106 BBs 4.60 ERA since 2004.

Dude, just let it go. Javier has been average to bad for the last 2 years. Can he turn it around? Sure. But he needs to hurry the f*** up and get going. It's July now.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Count is struggling a bit, but doesn't deserve to get pissed on. He has been off a little bit as of late and finally got hit around by Pitt (every pitcher has a slump). Garland, while he had a horrid start, I still was confident because he has good command, can go deep into games and really has a good attitude (imo). Buehrle is Buehrle and he'll go through an ocassional few starts where he isn't as strong but you know what you got.

Freddy is frustrating because of his velocity issue, but he's picked things up. Vaz, you really can't point to anything (control, not locating a certain pitch) but he's just getting hit and hit hard and his long term attitude in past seasons gives me reason to be worried.

But ya, its a game thread and people are usually a bit more reactive (or reactionary) here cause its happening "now" as opposed to being able to have a day or two to sit back and think things over.

Yep, that's entirely my point.

Folks get too wound up during game threads.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
Good lord.

Were you one of those spewing the same s*** back in August of 2004 when Contreras was giving up 9 runs to the Angels?

Vazquez has always been on KW's radar. Vazquez is signed through next season and is arbitration eligble in 2008. This was not a trade made for an immediate impact.

What has Chris Young done so far this year Milkman?

I see Vizcaino (who negative nancies like yourself threw under the bus way too early last season) is having an even worse June then Jazquez and his numbers are sky rocketing.

El Duque was already traded from the D'Backs after posting a POS 6.11 ERA, and his now posting a POS 4.89 ERA with the Mets.

Javy has been dissapointed this year, but do you guys hoenstly expect him to keep pitching like this for the rest of the season? The rest of his contract?

How did Contreras do in the beginning of 2005?

Very solid post. I think a lot of people over-rated Vazquez which is why I've jumped on this, but he's more than capable of posting a low 4's ERA over a full season while throwing a ton of innings. Right now he's really bad but what frustrates me is his attitude.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As you informed me earlier, it is actually spelled "Vazquez".

Ohh you got me there. :rolly You spelled it "Vasquez" three times before I finally snapped. He name is spelled incorrectly the most since Jose Valentine was at short

I was thinking about editing it too, but I think anybody here would be so anal to point it out. I also used the wrong tense of "dissapoint."

Thank you dumbass Dusty for bringing in the Lefty to face Konerko.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
Dude, just let it go. Javier has been average to bad for the last 2 years. Can he turn it around? Sure. But he needs to hurry the f*** up and get going. It's July now.

Dude, you asked me to post the numbers and that is what I did. :huh:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
Very solid post. I think a lot of people over-rated Vazquez which is why I've jumped on this, but he's more than capable of posting a low 4's ERA over a full season while throwing a ton of innings. Right now he's really bad but what frustrates me is his attitude.

Maybe.

I really wonder if we shouldn't flip him with McCarthy after the break if he doesn't get out of this funk soon. Vazquez, with his strike outs, might be very good out of the bullpen. It would force him to concentrate, but only for short periods.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)

IIRC, again I don't like defending Javy but I think both sides deserve to be looked at, last year he was a very good pitcher if you took away a few starts. If he picks things up and goes on another nice 2 month run, he'll have a very similar season where he has 4 good months mixed with about 5-7 just horrid starts.