Sweet Lou...

Kid Gleason

Maybe Fox should tell Lou to just start calling everybody on the field "that guy" or something of the sort. Does he have any clue as to who is who on the field? I understand that he doesn't call our games, or the Cub games ever really, but still, it's ridiculous as to how many times he calls somebody the wrong name. He might know the game, but he sucks in the booth.

"Now, that guy is going to throw a curve to that other guy, then hopefully you will get him to strike out or keep the ball in the park and ideally having it go to that guy at short-stop so he can throw to that other guy at second and onto the guy standing on first for the double play."

Lou had some serious Ron Santo moments today, he was riding the obvious train for a good portion of the broadcast.

He does sound like the Dick Stockton of baseball at times, I don't know how many times he f***ed up Tommy Harris and the entire Bears Secondary's names last year.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
I didn't hear Lou today, and he obviously doesn't have much broadcast experience, but even if he gets the names wrong, you know who they are, and Sweet Lou does know the game.

Well, he called AJ "Barrett", so...yeah...thank the Lord atleast I know who is who on the Sox and on the Cubs.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
the one i hate the most is john miller calling iguchi 'Tada Iguchi'

he's done it all year and it just pisses me off

Sometimes Miller will call Iguchi "Taguchi". That's the one that pisses me off the most.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 12:17 AM)
Sometimes Miller will call Iguchi "Taguchi". That's the one that pisses me off the most.

Sometimes? Seems like he does it every damn time to me. God, the people that are supposed to "teach" baseball to kids are some of the biggest idiots in broadcasting: Buck, McCarver, Morgan, Miller, etc.

It's disgusting. Two random good Soxtalk posters know much more about baseball than these guys. Morgan has to be the worst. The sabermetric guys think he's the best 2B of all time because he hit with power and got on base and had speed, but he wants to hear none of it--"a computer can't tell me how to play the game", like there is some random AI program that Billy Beane or Dave Wilder asks every offseason: "who should I sign and trade for", and the Hal 2000 superbaseballcomputer spits out the answer.

Ok Joe...

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:12 AM)
Pinella needs someone to offer him a managerial job.

He's Singleton-like brutal.

Wow, Singleton like brutal? Touche.

I'm unfortunetely a Detroit Lions fan, and our games always get the 4th or 5th FOX crew--try sitting through Ron Pitts and Kenny Mayne a few times in the midst of another disasterous season.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
He's a rich man's Moose Skowron in the booth. THat is not a compliment. You feel like you are listening to your grandpa

No.. that's Tom Grieve.

Back in my day, we whittled and whistled Dixie and no one gave a crap...STAY OFF MY LAWN!