Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

Just a thought here - do you think they're setting up a Flair heel turn on DX this Sunday?

Orton & Edge have conchairtoed him twice now without DX making a save.

I'm thinking maybe Flair doesn't join Orton & Edge, but costs DX the match at the PPV as revenge for them not "having his back".

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)
Just a thought here - do you think they're setting up a Flair heel turn on DX this Sunday?

Orton & Edge have conchairtoed him twice now without DX making a save.

I'm thinking maybe Flair doesn't join Orton & Edge, but costs DX the match at the PPV as revenge for them not "having his back".

That is quite possible...and what I wouldn't give to see a heel Flair back in his natural element. I feel he's so much better as a heel.

I got so spoiled watching ROH tape after ROH tape yesterday that I was all used to good, quality wrestling (i.e. when Low Ki enzuirigied Prince Nana's head off) and then I came home and had to watch Raw. /vomit

If Cena beat Umaga in a 4-1 handicap match after receiving a beatdown earlier in the show, how am I to buy Umaga having a shot at beating him at NYR?

Regarding the story on WWE hiring a bunch of bikini models, John Laurinaitis and the company want to sign and bring up as many as 20 new women for roles on television over the next three months. This has led to them trying to teach the men and women newcomers in Louisville where most (but not all) of the new women live and work, about wrestling history. Mike Bucci (Simon Dean), who is running the program, gave them a list of names to learn.

Here's an idea -- can't they just go for people that have wrestling history and therefore wouldn't have to waste their time?

ECW has a chance tonight to get on the right path. RVD vs. Lashley for the ECW title.

RVD could win the title and that would be a good thing but obviously, I doubt that will happen.

Someway, somehow, Lashley can go heel. It seems ECW was always better back in the day when they had a heel champion. I was never a Franchise fan but when he or Justin Credible had runs, it was entertaining.

As much as the E is not high on RVD now, get it? High? I kill me!, it would be best to put the title back on him.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 07:13 PM)
ECW has a chance tonight to get on the right path. RVD vs. Lashley for the ECW title.

RVD could win the title and that would be a good thing but obviously, I doubt that will happen.

Someway, somehow, Lashley can go heel. It seems ECW was always better back in the day when they had a heel champion. I was never a Franchise fan but when he or Justin Credible had runs, it was entertaining.

As much as the E is not high on RVD now, get it? High? I kill me!, it would be best to put the title back on him.

Hey now, RVD had his chance. His opportunity went up in smoke. Zing!

RVD is gonna do the j.o.b. to Hoss #2337237. Face champs all around!

I dont know if anyone watched ECW last night, but I think that Kevin Vampire guy hurt Balls Mahoney in the match. It ended really abruptly and Balls was making the X sign on his chest after he got nailed with a forearm shiver across the jaw/collarbone.

The end of the RVD/Lashley match had them both crying injury too, but I think that was on purpose.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 07:19 AM)
I dont know if anyone watched ECW last night, but I think that Kevin Vampire guy hurt Balls Mahoney in the match. It ended really abruptly and Balls was making the X sign on his chest after he got nailed with a forearm shiver across the jaw/collarbone.

The end of the RVD/Lashley match had them both crying injury too, but I think that was on purpose.

The Van Dam / Lashley one was a work because for some reason, the creative team showed sanity and didn't job out RVD to Lashley and they weren't going to take the belt off of Lashley that fast.

As for the Mahoney one, he looked legit hurt when he got nailed. Haven't heard anything more about his injury though, so perhaps (and hopefully) he'll work through it. Viva el Chair Swinging Freak!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
The Van Dam / Lashley one was a work because for some reason, the creative team showed sanity and didn't job out RVD to Lashley and they weren't going to take the belt off of Lashley that fast.

As for the Mahoney one, he looked legit hurt when he got nailed. Haven't heard anything more about his injury though, so perhaps (and hopefully) he'll work through it. Viva el Chair Swinging Freak!

Yeah, that was quite a shot. Vampire-guy didnt pull his punch on that one at all. Balls went down and immediately crossed his chest, and the ref made the quickest 3 count I have seen since the NWO was running the WCW

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
Yep...

And supposedly Bob Backlund is going to be the PPV judge for the PCS contest.

Not ONLY Bob Backlund!!!!

Backlund AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND.................

DISCO INFERNO!!!!!

SMELL THE BUYRATES!!!!!

....oh wait.....that's not a buyrate I'm smelling......

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
Not ONLY Bob Backlund!!!!

Backlund AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND.................

DISCO INFERNO!!!!!

SMELL THE BUYRATES!!!!!

....oh wait.....that's not a buyrate I'm smelling......

I mark for the Chart Buster.

And if you haven't read Lance Storm's critiques of Bischoff's book and Bischoff's response, I highly suggest.

Also, thought this would get a laugh...

ecwonscifilogo.jpg

I hate to say this, but the more I think about it and read about it...

It seems K-Fed is really liked by the boys. He hangs out with them in the back, eats with them and is supposedly eager to get advice/criticism from other workers about what he can do to improve his gimmick.

Add that into the fact that he played a decent heel on the show for a newb, got Cena to get some damn good face heat live and fans seemed to be giving him heel heat and not "get the Hell off our show" heat...He may be able to become a decent heel if used on occassion. He's no Kaufman by any means of the imagination but he seems to be alright.

Trust me, I'm shocked in coming to this realization.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
And if you haven't read Lance Storm's critiques of Bischoff's book and Bischoff's response, I highly suggest.

Alot of these has beens and never was' have blogs online and they hilarious. Lance Storm is not a guy whose opinion I really care about. He was nothing special in the ring and never drew anything. Him commenting on Bischoffs book is like me commenting on rocket science. Nobody cares.

Tom Zenk used to do a bitter blog as well.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
I hate to say this, but the more I think about it and read about it...

It seems K-Fed is really liked by th kie boys. He hangs out with them in the back, eats with them and is supposedly eager to get advice/criticism from other workers about what he can do to improve his gimmick.

Add that into the fact that he played a decent heel on the show for a newb, got Cena to get some damn good face heat live and fans seemed to be giving him heel heat and not "get the Hell off our show" heat...He may be able to become a decent heel if used on occassion. He's no Kaufman by any means of the imagination but he seems to be alright.

Trust me, I'm shocked in coming to this realization.

Jesus. I can see how people don't want to see non-wrestlers on the show but...

K-Fed was cutting the best promos on the show, outside for Cena. He goes out there and acts like himself, and people want to see him get his. As you know, that's how it f***ing should be. He was awesome.

Too bad they killed it off.

He should've been bringing in guys to take out Cena, like Heenan used to do w/Hogan.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
Alot of these has beens and never was' have blogs online and they hilarious. Lance Storm is not a guy whose opinion I really care about. He was nothing special in the ring and never drew anything. Him commenting on Bischoffs book is like me commenting on rocket science. Nobody cares.

Tom Zenk used to do a bitter blog as well.

You certainly are welcome to your opinion, but I have to disagree.

Lance is one of the smartest guys in the business. Just because someone wasn't a draw or a huge star doesn't mean their opinion doesn't mean anything. Hell, wrestling is lined with guys who never drew s*** or made it farther than the opening match who know more than the guys on top.

As far as Tom Zenk, he used to be on w/Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez all the time, and he was hilarious.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
Jesus. I can see how people don't want to see non-wrestlers on the show but...

K-Fed was cutting the best promos on the show, outside for Cena. He goes out there and acts like himself, and people want to see him get his. As you know, that's how it f***ing should be. He was awesome.

Too bad they killed it off.

He should've been bringing in guys to take out Cena, like Heenan used to do w/Hogan.

You certainly are welcome to your opinion, but I have to disagree.

Lance is one of the smartest guys in the business. Just because someone wasn't a draw or a huge star doesn't mean their opinion doesn't mean anything. Hell, wrestling is lined with guys who never drew s*** or made it farther than the opening match who know more than the guys on top.

As far as Tom Zenk, he used to be on w/Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez all the time, and he was hilarious.

Right, Storm's even said he was never trying to be the huge draw but a solid technician in the ring that put on respectable matches.

To say that he's bitter without even reading what he wrote is asinine. His commentary was actually pretty dead on and pretty level headed. To say he's bitter is to not know the situation -- as Ian and I are saying.

And K-Fed would be entertaining on the E TV. He was actually getting Cena face pops live. It could be a great Heenan like thing.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
HHH screwed up his leg, either knee or quad, big time. Couldn't even jump and make the RKO look good. Getting MRI done. Could miss WM 23.

Gee, H sure has had a run of bad luck with injuries the past few years.

Wonder why he might be breaking down like that?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
He's one of the most natural heels I've seen in a long time. The sad thing is he has better mic skills than 90 pct of the wrestlers.

Prolly because he has had experiance with real mic skills. I am not going to expect a professional wrestler to dazzle me with the mic, but I get what you are saying. I would just say K Fed has an advantage over them, either way I hope they keep him around

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
Prolly because he has had experiance with real mic skills. I am not going to expect a professional wrestler to dazzle me with the mic, but I get what you are saying. I would just say K Fed has an advantage over them, either way I hope they keep him around

Federline has worked at being accepted by the wrestlers and seems to really enjoy what he's doing out there, so that's to his credit. Too many celebs have mailed it in when Vince gives them a paycheck.

Trips out 4-6 months, meaning probably no WrestleMania which is a big hit for the E. They will definetley need to bring back one or some of Hogan, Rock, Jericho, etc for WM23 to make it interesting.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
Trips out 4-6 months, meaning probably no WrestleMania which is a big hit for the E. They will definetley need to bring back one or some of Hogan, Rock, Jericho, etc for WM23 to make it interesting.

or it could mean time to push some of the young talent in the E...but then again that would make too much sense.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, they could always have a hell in a cell match between Rosie and the Donald.

Holy s*** that was horrible