Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 12:26 AM)
Decided that I'm going to the 12/8 ROH show in Chicago Ridge. Should be a pretty entertaining time.

I'll be there Friday for sure, but haven't decided on Saturday yet.

Friday's card shaped up pretty nicely.

How many buys do you think the ECW PPV will get tonight? 50,000?

I think it would of been a better idea to do a 3 hour ECW special on SciFi or USA or something, rather than a PPV. I don't think the brand is established enough yet to risk a PPV and the money that goes into it.

I was on the wrestlecrap boards following the PPV. What a stinkfest. Supposedly theHardyz/MNM was top notch, but downhill from there.

RVD and CM Punk were the first 2 eliminated from the chamber and Sabu was "take out" and replaced by Holly.

Your new ECW champion...BOBBY LASHLEY!!

Besides the opening tag match, seems the other best part was Ariel doing the splits on Kelly Kelly's face.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
I was on the wrestlecrap boards following the PPV. What a stinkfest. Supposedly theHardyz/MNM was top notch, but downhill from there.

RVD and CM Punk were the first 2 eliminated from the chamber and Sabu was "take out" and replaced by Holly.

Your new ECW champion...BOBBY LASHLEY!!

Besides the opening tag match, seems the other best part was Ariel doing the splits on Kelly Kelly's face.

Cuz when I think ECW, I think Lashley!

Candido is doing barrel rolls in his coffin.

Supposedly RVD is counting down the days until his contract is up.

I watched it at the local bar - it was HORRIBLE. Even Hardys/MNM was boring. CM Punk got some good offense in, but got pinned by RVD.

Those ROH shows should be better than anything you'll see on TV nowadays, although TNA has been fairly good as of late.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
Heyman just got canned.

I saw that too. Is it a work or real?

The E is saying that poor ratings and a disgruntled talent roster were the reasons for the dismissal. Funniest part is that Vinny Mac knows that he and Kevin Dunn are responsible for that, not Paul.

From Dave Scherer:

As Mike reported a few minutes ago, Paul Heyman is gone from WWE. From talking to a number of people in company, the impression I received was that Vince McMahon was irate about how awful the PPV was last night and wanted to pin the blame on Heyman for it. Anyone who knows anything about Heyman's booking, as I have for years now, have a pretty good idea that the show was much more McMahon than Heyman. But according to people I spoke with, Heyman got pinned with the blame for it with the theory being that "he is caught in the past and doesn't understand the new vision of ECW". You know, the vision that ends PPVs a half hour early and makes the fans boo what WWE creative books for them.

The problems started yesterday at the ECW PPV when everyone realized that the show really stunk. Heyman was said to be unhappy with the way that the show was booked (big shock right) and sources backstage told me that he voiced that concern both before the show and after it. People at TV told me today that it was obvious that there were issues between Vince McMahon and Heyman because of the how the show played out on pay TV, with everyone knowing it was a disaster. Problems carried over from last night and led to the incidents that happened today.

A number of sources told me that there was a meeting today around two o'clock with Heyman, Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon-Levesque at the building. Heyman came out the meeting and seemed like his normal self, with no one I talked to having any idea that something bad had happened. Shortly thereafter, Heyman gathered his things and left the building to go home.

The word going around from everyone I talked to is that this is not a storyline in any way and he is legitimately done with the company.

--

Way to f***ing go, Vince. Blame Heyman for the E booking staff.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
It's times like this when I wish I had tons of cash so I could start a promotion and have Heyman run it...I just hope they get rid of WWECW soon.

the new ECW is going to die, its just pathetic..

The only way you can bring back ECW and be successful (Something that WWE could easily do) is make it exactly like it was back in the day.. What it is now, well, its absolute garbage

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
It's times like this when I wish I had tons of cash so I could start a promotion and have Heyman run it...I just hope they get rid of WWECW soon.

Bet we see him in TNA or he will work for them before Feb 1st.

QUOTE(T R U @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Really, I thought it was quite funny.. robbing white folk haha

It just seems forced and weak to me, although I kind of like the Shelton Benjamin response to them.

Cryme Tyme's last few bits have just seemed to lack any originality or comic value.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
If John Cena breaks this, I will throw up.

Agreed

There is no measure to how much I hate John Cena, he didnt "break" it but he reversed it and made Masters tap out :rolleyes

Umaga better beat that chump stain

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
I want to see CT in action. It's been like 5 weeks since they last wrestled on live air.

Yeah and where did the Highlanders suddenly come from?

This must be like an E mad lib:

_______________ is sick/has died. Gimmickly or personally _______________ is a friend. So we must make (use the previous name) champion or give them a push.

And while the CT segment got me to chuckle, it did seem very forced and not as hilarious as the previous ones.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
I want to see CT in action. It's been like 5 weeks since they last wrestled on live air.

If I recall they are a little green in the ring, they may be hiding them while they get some more training, but using their gimmick to get them over

QUOTE(T R U @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
the new ECW is going to die, its just pathetic..

The only way you can bring back ECW and be successful (Something that WWE could easily do) is make it exactly like it was back in the day.. What it is now, well, its absolute garbage

Watch Vince fold up ECW and change its name to WCW. I just have this wierd feeling he is going to bring that promotion back and put Bischoff in charge