Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

I'm a few days late on this, but I finally caught Smackdown on Friday. I was impressed. That tag team match with Kendrick/London and Regal/Taylor was pretty darn good. THe first time I've really felt suspense in a WWE match in a long time.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regal, Taylor and Finlay are all solid workers, and I find myself interested in their matches.

I happen to like matches where they're not all flying around like mosquitoes for the entire time.

My vote for Most Predictable Moment In A Pay Per View, 2006 Edition goes to Joe choking out Angle.

Couldn't see that one coming......

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
Going to Raw tonight.

I'm sorry.

on the other hand, Angle/Joe II was awesome. 4.5 stars and definitely up there in my top 5 MOTY candidates. I completely urge people to get the replay. A solid show all around and light years better than that dreck called December to Dismember.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
No, it was AWFUL. It was like watching neighborhood football on a bigger scale. What they promised and didn't deliver was behind the field storylines. It should have been taped in advance, with sidelines and off-field personal life stuff, like a reality show. That would have succeeded.

Say, isnt that what one of the networks is doing now? with that show about highschool football?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Looks like we got a Pro Wrestling NOAH vs ROH feud building.

At night 2, Joe called out NOAH and Nigel McGuinness came out saying that if he had a problem with NOAH, he had a problem with Nigel.

And speaking of NOAH, we got a new GHC champ -- Misawa.

Who's excited that Homicide is likely to be the new ROH champ at Final Battle?

I'm really starting to think that Danielson walks out of Final Battle as Champ. I know Cide has his "I'm leaving ROH if I don't win a belt", but I think he will disappear for awhile and return with Low Ki.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
I'm really starting to think that Danielson walks out of Final Battle as Champ. I know Cide has his "I'm leaving ROH if I don't win a belt", but I think he will disappear for awhile and return with Low Ki.

I still wish they had the Pure belt.

That was so entertaining. McGuinness was a master of that belt.

With Danielson needing surgery possibly for his shoulder, I don't know how many more days he can work on it taking some serious bumps for ROH, other indies, NOAH etc. without having to eventually drop the strap.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
With Danielson needing surgery possibly for his shoulder, I don't know how many more days he can work on it taking some serious bumps for ROH, other indies, NOAH etc. without having to eventually drop the strap.

Good point. I had completely forgotten about the surgery. Okay, 'Cide's definitely the next World Champ.

As much as I enjoy Daniels/Sydal, I really hope the Briscoes take the straps and destroy everyone for most of next year.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
Say, isnt that what one of the networks is doing now? with that show about highschool football?

It's similar. Friday Night Lights is fictional television, and what I'm proposing is nonfiction, with real games, but pretaped to allow for editing and off-the-field storylines.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
Good point. I had completely forgotten about the surgery. Okay, 'Cide's definitely the next World Champ.

As much as I enjoy Daniels/Sydal, I really hope the Briscoes take the straps and destroy everyone for most of next year.

He may very well need the surgery. It isn't definite but he is losing his range of motion with his shoulder now and is in immense pain. I can't see him carrying on this kind of schedule much longer.

The Briscoes are so awesome. I'm hankering for a program between them and Aries/Strong.

Raw was pretty entertaining tonight, although it's always much more fun in person. The show kept me into it throughout, including Heat. That is, until the one man show destroyer, Umaga, had a match. He was the second-to-last match, and I couldn't have been less interested. It was so bad that it made the main event unwatchable, too. The thing is, I felt like the entire crowd was deflated after having seen that piece of crap. I don't understand how the WWE cannot see how uninterested the fans are in that hack.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Homicide lose his Final Battle match as it's become totally predictable (a la the Royal Rumble winner at Wrestlemania) just to see Danielson lose his next match or shortly thereafter - reminiscent of Austin Aries after the epic CM Punk/Samoa Joe feud.

Who to? Roderick Strong.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)
I am pretty sure that in CHIKARA, Hero turned heel on him and left him.

That's what I was getting at, a great one on one match. Although, Gabe has stayed strong when it comes to the idea that other promotions story lines mean nothing to ROH.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
I'm also looking forward to seeing what Hero's 'send off' is for Claudio. Hopefully it's the two of them tearing the house down.

They had a one-on-one match out here in PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerrilla) a few weeks back.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 09:06 AM)
Oh yeah. But what I don't remember is WWE ever being on Fox. Seems like they've been on SPIKE and USA for the last ten years.

I think that was from an Australian Cable TV program, that usually shows Raw and Smackdown down here.

JR's reaction when Austin comes down though was priceless. :lol:

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 05:45 AM)
Amy Zidian released means one thing.

We must make a stable of Cade, Murdoch, Jamie Noble and Jimmy Wang Yang. Make Yang the leader of the stable and none of them acknowledge that he's actually Asian.

Stop being creative, LCR! The E doesn't like that kind of attitude!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 06:45 AM)
Amy Zidian released means one thing.

We must make a stable of Cade, Murdoch, Jamie Noble and Jimmy Wang Yang. Make Yang the leader of the stable and none of them acknowledge that he's actually Asian.

I've heard good things about Yang, but I never watch Smackdown. What does everyone think of him?

Also, I met Cade and Murdoch at a Shell station after Raw on Monday. They're good guys, and I think they're good wrestlers. Their finisher is pretty sweet, and they've got a couple other move sets.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
I've heard good things about Yang, but I never watch Smackdown. What does everyone think of him?

Also, I met Cade and Murdoch at a Shell station after Raw on Monday. They're good guys, and I think they're good wrestlers. Their finisher is pretty sweet, and they've got a couple other move sets.

Cade has been around long enough for me to think he will never be anything big. Trevor Murdoch has a chance to be a great heel a la Stan Hansen. I think WWE likes him based on the minnie push he got awhile back and disappeared to Heat.